Farmhouse-4 lbs of hops for $49

Share a deal or a steal you found with your BeerBorg buddies!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

Farmhouse-4 lbs of hops for $49

Post by Beer-lord »

This is very painful for me to pass up but I am (the 12 step program is working for me so far).
http://www.farmhousebrewingsupply.com/4 ... dium=email
You will receive 1 pound each of the following hops:
Cascade
Centennial
Columbus
Equinox
I'm assuming these are last years crop but I'm not sold on Equinox yet though more beers will be done with it in some form since I have lots left but $12.50 a pound is a great deal.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Farmhouse-4 lbs of hops for $49

Post by RickBeer »

I saw that email and went "crap, I ordered yesterday", but I then saw it was for those 4 varieties. I ordered a pound of Centennial (Two-Hearted), a pound of East Kent Gold, and 4 oz each of Cascade, Fuggle, and Northern.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Luckily I have too much of all of those things already.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

mashani wrote:Luckily I have too much of all of those things already.
Still trying to plan how I will use some of the Equinox but it will be mostly dry hopping and not much, if any, in the boil. Not bad, but green pepper doesn't go with everything!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Beer-lord wrote:
Still trying to plan how I will use some of the Equinox but it will be mostly dry hopping and not much, if any, in the boil. Not bad, but green pepper doesn't go with everything!
At first I wasn't fond my equinox only beer, but then after about week 6 or so I think, I decided I loved it. The weird pepper flavors mellowed and the others stood out. So I might do another all equinox beer.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

mashani wrote:
Beer-lord wrote:
At first I wasn't fond my equinox only beer, but then after about week 6 or so I think, I decided I loved it. The weird pepper flavors mellowed and the others stood out. So I might do another all equinox beer.
Did you use other hops with it and when were the Equinox added? I liked my red but only after adding 2 oz of Amarillo in the keg to help. It was very good after that. Maybe I rushed things.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Beer-lord wrote:Did you use other hops with it and when were the Equinox added? I liked my red but only after adding 2 oz of Amarillo in the keg to help. It was very good after that. Maybe I rushed things.
No, it was just an APA like beer, it was almost a SMaSH, just 2oz of honey malt, no other crystal. it was a 2.5 gallon batch. I think I did no traditional bittering at all, just 1oz @10, 1oz @flameout, and a lid on 30 minute hopstand starting at flameout, so that's where my extra IBUs came from. (with the hops being 13%+AA it was more then enough for a pale ale). Just that little bit of hops was pretty intense in a 1.05ish beer. I don't know what 4 or 5oz of the stuff would be like in an IPA of that batch size. Maybe scary LOL.