Banquet Beer

Recipes based in Mr. Beer extracts and refills.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

BeerRust
Brew Master
Brew Master

Banquet Beer

Post by BeerRust »

I have a Can of CAL and trying to think what to do with it.
I have been reading some history on the big brewers and stuff.
Seem Coor original Banquet Beer is made with Cascade Hops. I am thinking of the CAL with a light or pale DME , cascade hops. Sort of a history beer.
lindseywinstead
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Re: Banquet Beer

Post by lindseywinstead »

BeerRust wrote:I am thinking of the CAL with a light or pale DME , cascade hops. Sort of a history beer.
I rather enjoy a Coors Original Banquet Beer from time to time. I have brewed a very similar version to the one you suggest, though I used Nugget hops instead of the Cascade, as I was using up some excess inventory. I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised with the result. Please post your thoughts and results if you go through with this recipe. I would love to know how comparable to Banquet Beer that the result turns out to be. Cheers!
BeerRust
Brew Master
Brew Master

Re: Banquet Beer

Post by BeerRust »

lindseywinstead wrote:
BeerRust wrote:I am thinking of the CAL with a light or pale DME , cascade hops. Sort of a history beer.
I rather enjoy a Coors Original Banquet Beer from time to time. I have brewed a very similar version to the one you suggest, though I used Nugget hops instead of the Cascade, as I was using up some excess inventory. I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised with the result. Please post your thoughts and results if you go through with this recipe. I would love to know how comparable to Banquet Beer that the result turns out to be. Cheers!
Adolph Coors bought all of the original Casade hops that were produced in the USA. They also used rice , not sure if I can reproduce exactly , but I will give it a try.