New to Brewing after a 10 yr hiatus

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

rgbrew2

New to Brewing after a 10 yr hiatus

Post by rgbrew2 »

Hi all, I just got back into brewing after a 10 yr gap. Just got done with putting together a Hard bluberry cider in our new 3 gal fermenter. Looking forward to making some of that good beer again and enjoying those flavors that one cannot get from commericial beer.
I do have PET bottles from the past and would like to know if i should throw them out and buy new since they are over 10 yrs old. They have been stored in in a dark cabinet in a dry basement all theses years and look good yet.
Any comments are appreciated.
Also, got a card in the fermenter kit for 10% 0ff every order , how do i recieve this discount. got make some beer for the holidays , you know!

Thanks
Happy Brewing!!!
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: New to Brewing after a 10 yr hiatus

Post by bpgreen »

Welcome!

I don't know whether PET bottles deteriorate over time or not. Somebody should conve in ston with an answer on that.

There's a sticky at the top of tube members only forum that explains how to get the discount. If you've already created am account with brew demon, you may need to call their customer support.