FermZilla 27 Liter Tri Conical Fermenter

There are so many gadgets and other stuff you can use to brew! Ask, learn and share what you got here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: FermZilla 27 Liter Tri Conical Fermenter

Post by berryman »

I spent this whole (crappy outside anyways) day looking up ways to gravity out, not much out there on that as the main idea on this unit is for pressure ferment and transfer. Well I guess why I wanted it anyways, About a $100 more of things needed. I think if I want to do it right, I should get another CO2 tank and will need another regulator, I have been thinking of a second tank anyways as I have ran out of CO2 at a inconvenient time. It would be hard to charge out of the Kezzer to where I ferment.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: FermZilla 27 Liter Tri Conical Fermenter

Post by Kealia »

I can help you out here - assuming the fermenter is higher than the keg, that is.

You just need a 1/2' nipple that will go on the bottom 2" tri-clamp fitting. Slip your hose over the 1/2" nipple and feed into your keg - now assuming the lid is off.

If you want to gravity feed into a keg via the out QD, then it's just a different 2" piece you need for the bottom. I'll see if I can find it, but it's a threaded nipple that allows you to screw on a standard beer line to connect to the OUT QD on the keg to fill from the bottom up.

Are either of these what you are looking for? if your fermenter is at the same height as your keg, then yeah - you need to pressure transfer.