Brand New To Brewing!

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Melyngar

Brand New To Brewing!

Post by Melyngar »

Good afternoon Everyone!

Man I haven't done a forum post in years now, this is really bringing back old memories for me.

I'm Melyngar, or you can call me Mely for short. I'm new to the world of brewing and I've been really enjoying what I've been getting into so far.

My girlfriend bought me my first mead making kit for Christmas and we've finished our first fermentation and racking. We have it sitting in one of those wine container boxes in the kitchen to keep the sunlight out and help keep the temperature from getting too cold.

I ended up finding a website called Brewdemon and I purchased their 1 gallon fermenter. We're gonna start a new batch this weekend. I just finished getting a few more items from their website earlier since we wanted to dabble in hard ciders and hard sodas. I never thought this would be something I'd enjoy but I'm excited to invest in this new hobby. We've been discussing possibly making this a bit more than that but for now we want to practice and enjoy ourselves and see where it goes.

The reason why I'm here as well, after my fermenter arrived I received a coupon on the back stating if I joined this forum, members can receive a 10% discount on refills, recipes, ingredients and equipment. I figured that would help me with my future purchases, and I get to be a part of a community. I've been doing some research online and checking out youtube but I feel more at home being able to have a discussion and reading through forum posts. Like I said this is really scratching an itch to my nostalgia.

Anyways, as far as introductions goes I don't want to keep rambling about. I want to say I'm glad I found this place and thank you for welcoming me to your community!

Can anyone help and tell me how I can go about receiving the discount? Thanks a bunch!

~Mely
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Brand New To Brewing!

Post by berryman »

Welcome to The Borg others will tell you how to get the discount. Keep us updated, ask questions as needed and happy brewing.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
HerbMeowing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by HerbMeowing »

:fedora:

discount link in 2nd paragraph ...
https://beerborg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=583
Homebrew will get you through times of no money
Better than money will get you through times of no homebrew

- apologies to the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Welcome aboard!
This is a small friendly forum that loves to brew and talk brewing. Glad to have you join the conversation.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
Melyngar

Post by Melyngar »

Thank you for the warm welcome guys. I think I may have made a mistake. I went to apply the code and it did take on the first try.

I realized after that I wasn't logged in so I backed out, logged into brewdemon and tried checking out just now and I got an error message stating that the discount code isn't available to you right now.

Is that a timed out message and I have to wait or is there something else I need to do to fix that?

Thanks in advance!
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I think you need to call or email BD. If you already have a account there. They always make it right after.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Melyngar

Post by Melyngar »

I did, thank you Berry. I went ahead and reread the instructions in the post and followed up in an e-mail. I appreciate you letting me know.