Last forum standing?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Last forum standing?

Post by bpgreen »

First, there was the mr beer fans forum. It was created because there wasn't a forum dedicated to Mr beer.

Then mr beer started a forum, but the mbf continued.

Mr beer started deleting posts that mentioned competing products. I think they even deleted an entire thread that was almost entirely critical of a competing product. I forget the name, but it was a prehopped DME product that went on deep discount at Cabelas (like half the price of unhopped DME).

I think it was at that point that the beerborg forum started.

Eventually, Mr beer bought mbf, ostensibly to ensure it wouldn't shut down. Then they shut it down a few years later.

When mbf was shut down, most of the refugees resettled here.

When coopers bought mr beer, a group of people started a new company (brew demon). Any mention of that company got deleted from mr beer as well as from mr beer fans. IIRC, if you did a view source, you could still see brew demon, but it didn't show in the rendered page.

Maybe that was when the beerborg forum started. Or it may have been when the giant thread about the hopped DME product got deleted.

The timeline of all of this is a little confusing, at least it is to me.

But anyway, we went from 0 forums to one that was independent, but Mr beer focused. To 2, one of which was owned by Mr beer. To 2 owned by mr beer, but one of which was semi autonomous, to 3, with the new one completely independent. To two, one owned by mr beer (now owned by coopers) and one completely independent.

Recently, Mr beer has been focusing on Facebook and ignoring their forum.

Since some time on Sunday, if you go to the mr beer forum page, it says the community is not available. And the main Mr beer page no longer has a link to forums.

So I think we're the last mr beer related forum that still exists. And we're not as mr beer oriented as we used to be.

I wonder if any of the remaining mr beer forum folks will find their way here.
BlackDuck

Re: Last forum standing?

Post by BlackDuck »

There is another forum out there called Home Brew Talk. It’s large. There are a lot of users there. It’s basically free to use, but they do have a paid subscription option that will get you into some members only sections and other benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

It has been a long road for sure

The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I.HATE.FACEBOOK!
Sure it has it's benefits but the snooping and in general, seems to be filled with hateful people. Just my 2 cents.

We welcome anyone here!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Lot of malcontents for sure

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

BlackDuck wrote:There is another forum out there called Home Brew Talk. It’s large. There are a lot of users there. It’s basically free to use, but they do have a paid subscription option that will get you into some members only sections and other benefits.

I'm aware of homebrewtalk. I have an account there but don't really go there often.

I think there are other smaller brewing related forums, as well. And probably several reddit and quora brewing related groups.

I didn't mean to imply that this was the last brewing forum in existence, just the last one that has some sort of mr beer connection.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

bpgreen wrote: Mr beer started deleting posts that mentioned competing products. I think they even deleted an entire thread that was almost entirely critical of a competing product. I forget the name, but it was a prehopped DME product that went on deep discount at Cabelas (like half the price of unhopped DME).

I mentioned the Borg once and the jackazz's deleted my 10k posts count then banned me. Eff them, I hope they rot in haides! Have not gone back, hope they lost their forum. I tried a couple of their take-over companies mixtures, they tasted like doo-doo... what is it, pride of ringwood hops or something nasty? Again, eff them.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

There are plenty of beer brewing forums on the web, but not many for MB specific. I was mostly in the MB forum but did join the fan forum also but only posted a few times there. This forum came about as more of a open chat so we could talk about other ways of brewing with out being censored, then it was made into a full blown forum as is now, when MB changed and took a dump a lot of the main old timers came here and a little later some Fan forum members came too. To copy what John Sand always says, "THE MOST FRIENDLY BEER FORUM ON THE 'NET"
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

[emoji481][emoji1360]

HerbMeowing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by HerbMeowing »

i recall finding the side door of mrbeerfans from an old mr beer 'topix' forum post back in '06 or '07 ...
Homebrew will get you through times of no money
Better than money will get you through times of no homebrew

- apologies to the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

Two thumbs up to BP for wading through the swamp of forum history.

It's not just beer forums that are crazy. I was on a computer forum that all of a sudden started deleting (with extreme prejudice) accounts for people that posted in "off topic" threads and many people just moved to another forum.
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Some forums are just hosted for the commercial/publicity value. They hate competition.

mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I've only got time for one forum, and as long as y'all are hanging out here, it's where I'm at. It's why I'm here.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

mashani wrote:I've only got time for one forum, and as long as y'all are hanging out here, it's where I'm at. It's why I'm here.
What he said!
Wish there was a like button.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black