Brews to try in Wershinton

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Brews to try in Wershinton

Post by FrozenInTime »

I'm in Seattle unfortunately so I am trying to make the best of a bad situation. What local brew would the locals suggest/brag about? I have a Black knot IPA (haven't been allowed to try it yet but I will)... LOL I like IPAs, Heffewiezens, summer ales, etc. I would like to find some local (good) micro brews to take back with me to the awesome state of Norf Dakoota.... when I'm allowed to go home again! I like, from many previous trips, brews I got at Pikes Market but, that's not a good area now.

Small rant: It really figures something like this would happen to me (and wife) as we just bought a new 2021 Snake Venom Tri-Glide Ultra..... sitting at home.... only miles was ride home...... grrrrrrrrr really hate this crap.... Not only that, got a call from son yesterday, a fox or something got into my chicken coup and killed every chicken (12) I had just for the fun of it.... pets I raised from babies..... GRRRRR Being here is driving my blood pressure through the roof.......
Small rant over for the moment.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: Brews to try in Wershinton

Post by mashani »

I don't know if it's still the case, but there were various dudes out there who ran Pico breweries out of their garages in the areas between Redmond and Bothell. They made awesome beers and had no intention of expanding beyond Pico sized places. It was either out of their garage, or a random keg that ended up in a pub.

You could load up some growlers from them if they still exist. (I wish I remembered their actual names/locations, but it's been a while).
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Damn FIT, I don't know about good brews in Seattle as have never been up that far on the west coast, but can tell you about foxes in the hen house. I ended Buying a couple dog kennel fencing for my chickens as I kept loosing to many. I have a pretty fox that comes on my porch every night and eats the cat food since it can't get the chickens anymore. We have been sitting out there sometimes when it comes and not scared of us. I had my .22 pistol on me, but hate to shoot anything just because I can. Hope you find some good beers you like out there and safe travels.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Only been to Seattle once and it was only for 1 day so I can't help with the beer. Sushi was good tho.
Sorry about the chickens. That's awful!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

Ken Lee (aka kedogn) went pro a few years ago in the Seattle area a few years ago (Manfish Brewing). Last I heard, he didn't have a tasting room or bar, and all of his beer was sold in other people's bars. Im pretty sure he had done award winning beers.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

bpgreen wrote:Ken Lee (aka kedogn) went pro a few years ago in the Seattle area a few years ago (Manfish Brewing). Last I heard, he didn't have a tasting room or bar, and all of his beer was sold in other people's bars. Im pretty sure he had done award winning beers.
You know I kinda forgot about him, he was big on the MB forum and I think he might of been here for a short time, he always had some good knowledgeable post.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison