New Member to the Forum

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

sbeaudette

New Member to the Forum

Post by sbeaudette »

Good Evening Everyone!
I have been brewing for a few years, but am new to the Brew Demon fermenter, refills and recipes. I have used many Mr. Beer kits, but was intrigued by the 2 gallon BD fermenter. I bought the Nut Brown Ale refill and brewed it just before Christmas. I kegged some of it in a uKeg 64 and it turned out amazing! I am going to crack my first few bottles of it this weekend.

I would love to know which "advanced recipes" you all have tried and which are your favorites. I am looking to brew a summer recipe or something that used the oatmeal stout as the base. Thanks!
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: New Member to the Forum

Post by bpgreen »

Welcome.

I started with mr beer before coopers bought them. I think some of the brew demon HMEs are the same as the old mr beer ones with different names.

I stopped using the prehopped extracts years ago and started creating my own recipes (in part because my LHBS sells LME at a great price).

When ther pandemic hit, it became inconvenient to get to the LHBS, so I started ordering online and switched to all grain.

I create recipes kind of on the fly based on what ingredients I have on hand. I also buy in bulk, so I'll often brew similar brews for stretches of time. I have a fairly steady malt bill with some adjustments and vary the hops based on what's on hand and open.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Welcome to the Borg and Happy Brewing!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Welcome aboard!
Whichever you choose, keep us posted.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.