First batch of the new year

Yes BrewDemon and Mr. Beer kits are pretty darn easy but sometime you need a little help from the Borg to get you on the right track. Post your questions here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

clay5769
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

First batch of the new year

Post by clay5769 »

Hi all happy new year. My first batch of new year supposedly HELLFIRE DEEP RED ALE. But very brown not so red. But tastes nice. :party: :barman: :banana:
Attachments
IMG_01012021_115607_(461_x_480_pixel).jpg
IMG_01012021_115607_(461_x_480_pixel).jpg (59.54 KiB) Viewed 543 times
HerbMeowing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: First batch of the new year

Post by HerbMeowing »

1st pour of the New Year is the 1st pour of my Harpoon IPA knock-off (Centennial (B) ... CTZ (A) ... Cascade (dH); OG: 1.063; IBU: 62; ABV: 7%)
Turned out real nice

set to brew my 1st batch of '21 next THU
plenty of Centennial on hand means it's time for another Bell's Two Hearted clone ...
Homebrew will get you through times of no money
Better than money will get you through times of no homebrew

- apologies to the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Very nice! I haven't brewed or poured anything new yet, but I have a couple of pilsners in buckets and a rye pale on tap.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

I drank on New Years Eve, but haven't poured anything since. All I have left is some of the Brown Ale, the Hazy and Amber Ale were kicked New Years Eve like I figured they would be...they were all smaller batches.

First batch of the New Year might be an Imperial Stout so I can get that going, did it last year in January and I think I want to make that my annual thing.
Brew Strong My Friends...
clay5769
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by clay5769 »

Kool everyone having a good new year seems like..

I just started the 2 gallon batches few months back.I was doing 1 gallon batches.

I just started carbonation on a 2 gallon batch of Canadian blonde, I then put a batch of October fest lager in a 2 gallon fermentation, I also started a 1 gallon batch of india pale ale its also in fermentation. Busy new year. Wife doesn't drink beer and we don't do home party's so I got lots of beer to drink :muahaha: :rofl: :clink:
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

That's a good reason to brew small batches. It also lets you improve your process and try different recipes. After brewing five gallon batches for several years, I've cut back on calories (beer) and recently brewed two three gallon batches. I'm planning mostly 2.5-3 gallons now.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.