Emeril Lagasse pressure pot

Nothing goes better with a home brew then a good home made meal. Have a special food recipe you would like share or a food pairing with your favorite brew. Let the Borg know here.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Emeril Lagasse pressure pot

Post by berryman »

My wife had a instapot and I had never used it but she has alot, she seen this https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-38812 ... lsrc=aw.dsand wanted one, I said why not, I buy new brewing and BBQ stuff, something you want then get one. Well I tried it today for first time on hard boiled eggs and was the cats a$$. 5 min cooking under pressure and ice bath and the most easiest to peal and perfect hard boiled eggs ever. I am a believer. Anyone else have one of these units?
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Emeril Lagasse pressure pot

Post by berryman »

Made 5 doz pickled eggs today but done 72 hard boiled because grandson and others were eating them before could get them in the pickling juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I've got a pressure cooker and an air fryer. If I didn't already have them, I might consider this. Nice to be able to cut down on how many appliances are taking up space.

I intended to get rid of my crock pot when I got my pressure cooker. The only reason I haven't is that I'm really comfortable with making corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot and somehow just don't trust the pressure cooker for that. So I keep the crock pot to use once a year.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I have an Instapot and use it all the time. I don't really need an air frier version since I have a nearly commercial like convection oven that can hit 600 degrees (an air frier is basically a convection oven in miniature).

I use the yogurt setting to make fermented batters for things like Idli, Dosa, Uttapam (Indian food).

All that said, I've never tried to pressure cook eggs. I guess I'll need to try it now.
brewnewb
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by brewnewb »

We have the Ninja Foodie pres cooker / air fryer. We use it at least once a week. Hard boiled eggs are a regular. We did a beef stew last Sunday. Beef melted in our mouth. Tasted just as good (maybe better) than sitting in a crock pot all day. I forget how long it cooked but I think start to finish was around 1 hr.

The clean up is so simple and easy.

Caveat - the quick release pressure button scares the hell out of our dog.
Thirsting For Knowledge
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

brewnewb wrote:We have the Ninja Foodie pres cooker / air fryer. We use it at least once a week. Hard boiled eggs are a regular. We did a beef stew last Sunday. Beef melted in our mouth. Tasted just as good (maybe better) than sitting in a crock pot all day. I forget how long it cooked but I think start to finish was around 1 hr.

The clean up is so simple and easy.

Caveat - the quick release pressure button scares the hell out of our dog.
We have the same Foodie with air fryer and pressure cooker. Love it! Don't use the air fryer that much but recently we did 2 huge chicken breasts with only 5 dry ingredients, cooked them 8 minutes on each side and the outside was tasty crispy and the inside was literally the juiciest chicken breast I've ever had!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

bpgreen wrote:I've got a pressure cooker and an air fryer. If I didn't already have them, I might consider this. Nice to be able to cut down on how many appliances are taking up space.
The wife had an InstaPot and really liked it but wanted a air fryer and liked the idea of all in one. So she got this one and gave one of our daughters the InstaPot. This is the first time I ever used it myself. I am still big on using a crock pot for a all day cook on chili or pork chops.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

berryman wrote:
bpgreen wrote:I've got a pressure cooker and an air fryer. If I didn't already have them, I might consider this. Nice to be able to cut down on how many appliances are taking up space.
The wife had an InstaPot and really liked it but wanted a air fryer and liked the idea of all in one. So she got this one and gave one of our daughters the InstaPot. This is the first time I ever used it myself. I am still big on using a crock pot for a all day cook on chili or pork chops.
I used to use the crock pot for all kinds of things. Now, the only time I use it is for corned beef and cabbage and I'll probably eventually learn to use the pressure cooker for that. I still use the rice cooker to cook wheat berries, but if I'm using them for soup, I'll just toss them in the pressure cooker.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

bpgreen wrote:I still use the rice cooker to cook wheat berries, but if I'm using them for soup, I'll just toss them in the pressure cooker.
I got rid of my rice cooker, because the Instapot makes perfect rice.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

mashani wrote:
bpgreen wrote:I still use the rice cooker to cook wheat berries, but if I'm using them for soup, I'll just toss them in the pressure cooker.
I got rid of my rice cooker, because the Instapot makes perfect rice.
I probably need to pay with the water to wheat ratio a bit and get it down pat. I haven't tried in the pressure cooler for a while, but I think I was using too much water. That's not a problem with a rice cooker because it just keeps going until all the water is absorbed. My only problem with the rice cooler is that the way it determines that all the water is absorbed is that the temperature gets above 212. Since I'm at an elevation, water boils at a slightly lower temperature, so it can overcook a little.