Oops

Information about hops and best uses.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Oops

Post by bpgreen »

If you've never heard Tom Papa, this won't seem quite as funny to you as it does to me. Actually, he's much funnier than I am, so even if you've listened to him, you might not find this funny.

If you've listened to him, read this in his deadpan delivery.

Have you ever gotten an email (possibly after having a few beers) about a hop sale with an additional 10% off if you enter HOPS10 at checkout, and thought to yourself, "self, you're almost out of hops. You probably have less than two pounds left. You should order more."

I have.

Have you ever gone to the farmhouse brewing site (also possibly after having a few beers), scrolled through their 1 lb hops selection, started adding hops to your cart, sometimes increasing the quantity just because the price looks good, and then just checked out without really looking at what you've ordered?

I have.

Have you ever gotten a delivery from UPS marked 13 lbs, opened it up, and found 14 lbs of hops in it?

I have.

Have you ever started rearranging your chest freezer to make room for 14 pounds of newly purchased hops and found a half pound of azacca hops hiding in the corner?

I have.

Have you ever pulled the azacca hops out to discover a half pound of ctz? And then felt like the magician pulling scarves as you keep pulling out hops and discover a total of 5 lbs of hops?

I have.

Have you ever planned to make a recipe your brother sent you, but you never got around to making because you buy in bulk, but you'll buy the specific hops for that batch at some time, and totally spaced off getting any of the hops needed for that beer, even though you ordered *14 lbs* of hops?

I have.

Have you ever ordered 14 lbs of hops one day, then ordered the hops you actually needed for a recipe two days later (but before you found the 5 lbs in the freezer)?

I have.
Beer-lord

Re: Oops

Post by Beer-lord »

I may or may not be guilty of some of the above.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

That's a funny routine BP. My understanding is that sometimes comedians exaggerate everyday moments of life for their routine. Very clever. :)
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

The_Professor wrote:That's a funny routine BP. My understanding is that sometimes comedians exaggerate everyday moments of life for their routine. Very clever. :)
Comedians probably do that. Do idiots?

My favorite example of a comedian exaggerating everyday moments is Shelley Berman's bit about hotel soap. If you're not familiar with it, Google it (especially if you've traveled).

But I assure you that my account is true. I've got more than 20 pounds of hops in my freezer, and I've got more on the way for my brother's recipe.