Frozen Beer

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Norman__Snorz

Frozen Beer

Post by Norman__Snorz »

Hi all! I'm still new to the brewing game....about 6 months in.....All is going great so far except for my latest batch. It is BD Nut Brown Ale. I got a used mini fridge for my excess beers lol...I cleaned it all up and plugged it in and let it get down to temp. I must have turned the dial to far because i checked my beer and had a few frozen. I am using glass bottles with pry off caps. The caps leaked some beer, but when i checked them, they seemed to still be sealed...after a bit of a thaw, no leaking. I have them thawing completely in the fridge now. My question, what will be the effects of freezing then thawing? Thanks in advance to all!!
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Re: Frozen Beer

Post by FrozenInTime »

IF they didn't blow or crack the bottles, don't worry about it. I had a batch *accidentally freeze* a few times so I just scooped the ice off, bottled the rest. Only thing that happened to mine was the flavor was enhanced and the ABV, well, we'll say it was extremely strong..... hehehe If you think the caps became loose because of it, maybe pop them off and replace with new caps if your worried about them loosing the carb.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
HerbMeowing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Frozen Beer

Post by HerbMeowing »

I've found RDWHAHB is quite often the very best advice ... :mug: :mug:
Homebrew will get you through times of no money
Better than money will get you through times of no homebrew

- apologies to the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers