Isolation brewing

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Isolation brewing

Post by berryman »

Yes be careful Dave, I see it is quite bad on that end of the state and we aren't youngens anymore.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

Dawg LB Steve wrote:Fortunately or unfortunately.....
Yeah. Medical laboratory, here.
Good, I get out. Bad, well....
brewnewb
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by brewnewb »

Not exactly "brewing" but I whipped up a batch of "modified" redneck blush this weekend. I've been sitting on this juice for a while and they were close to the use by date.

I live in OH right on the border of PA and WV. PA state stores are closed, WV banned people from out of state from buying liquor so now they are coming in droves to OH.

Hopefully, this will pass sooner than later and we can get back to normal.
Thirsting For Knowledge
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

I was hoping to brew this past weekend but the order I placed with Northern Brewer a week ago still has not shipped. They mentioned on their site to expect some delays, but a week before it even ships??
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Kealia wrote:I was hoping to brew this past weekend but the order I placed with Northern Brewer a week ago still has not shipped. They mentioned on their site to expect some delays, but a week before it even ships??
MoreBeer gave me a shipping date about 12 days out from when I ordered. Normally they ship the next day from PA warehouse to me and I get stuff 2 days after I order.

I think they are all dealing with a mix of being bombarded with orders and having less staff able to work due to distancing requirements.

Northern (so probably Midwest as well) stopped offering free shipping completely to try to cut down on the amount of orders they had to process.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

mashani wrote:
MoreBeer gave me a shipping date about 12 days out from when I ordered. Normally they ship the next day from PA warehouse to me and I get stuff 2 days after I order.

I think they are all dealing with a mix of being bombarded with orders and having less staff able to work due to distancing requirements.
I also have a order at morebeer that has been close to a week and says in warehouse not picked and I always get orders from them in 2 days too.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

My LHBS is still open. Not sure how he's essential but he tweets out every day. He's willing to put orders on the sidewalk for pickup. I'm sure he's busy too!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

Beer-lord wrote:My LHBS is still open. Not sure how he's essential but he tweets out every day. He's willing to put orders on the sidewalk for pickup. I'm sure he's busy too!
Same here. Up until this week, my LHBS was open as usual with some changes to store hours and limiting numbers in the store. He posts updates to FB and just indicated they will be curb side pick up until further notice. Need to call ahead to place an order and pay over the phone when you get there. I brewed the past 3 weekends in a row, so I'll be good for a while. I can tell he was getting limited on a few things and wanted to brew while I could.
Brew Strong My Friends...
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

berryman wrote:
mashani wrote:

I also have a order at morebeer that has been close to a week and says in warehouse not picked and I always get orders from them in 2 days too.
FWIW, they shipped mine finally, I should have stuff tomorrow.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

mashani wrote: FWIW, they shipped mine finally, I should have stuff tomorrow.
Mine too!!!!!!!!!
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

brewnewb wrote:Not exactly "brewing" but I whipped up a batch of "modified" redneck blush this weekend. I've been sitting on this juice for a while and they were close to the use by date.
Hopefully, this will pass sooner than later and we can get back to normal.
I need to do another batch of that to. It has got to be a favorite around here. I have 2 different batches of hard cider going right now, but one will be more of a apple wine.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
JSSTR8

Post by JSSTR8 »

I brewed 15 gallons of beer this weekend! I’m not even sure the last time I brewed; longer than a year ago.
Also made 12 gallons of wine. First time for wine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

JSSTR8 wrote:I brewed 15 gallons of beer this weekend! I’m not even sure the last time I brewed; longer than a year ago.
Also made 12 gallons of wine. First time for wine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You sir, are my new idol!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

berryman wrote:
mashani wrote:

I placed a small order on 4/9 and it still has not been 'picked'. No word on an estimated shipping date. I'm in no rush but this seems a bit too long if you're taking orders and saying your open for business. At least keep me up dated on an estimated date.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

My guess is that within another few days it will suddenly get picked and shipped that same day. That's what happened with mine, it went from nothing to out the door as soon as a human was able to get to it.

I think they are just unable to keep the levels of staff there due to social distancing requirements and are being hit by extra orders on top of it.