Brewing Equipment you would like.

Trying to figure out what equipment you need to get for your next brew? Have something cool to share? Do it here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Brewing Equipment you would like.

Post by berryman »

After 10 years of brewing, I really have most everything I need and like. Sometimes I will come across something I think would be good to have like the tilt that Beerlord has been re-viewing. I want to get a couple more kegs and maybe a different grain mill. What are some of the things that some of you looking at for the future?
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Brewing Equipment you would like.

Post by John Sand »

Like you, my brewing equipment is pretty complete. I would like to upgrade my burner from the trusty SP10, but not enough to spend money on it.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I too am elated I went electric and my beers have improved due to that and a few other things. I'd probably like a bigger kegerator but that's just being spoiled.
I'm not a huge fan of the Tilt but mostly due to the price. I think it's about double what it's worth.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

I have everything needed to brew over flame or elec. Only thing I would like is a kegorator (have a full size fridge in the garage converted) but would like to have a smaller/portable one. I would like a couple more 5 gallon kegs. Well, maybe the equipment needed to make hard lick-her with my Grainfather but right now, a camper is in my sights. My wife has put the brakes on my stuff til I make her happy. I think the Powermatic 3520C and Tormek T-8 put me over my chance for anymore purchases for me for a while.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I have everything I need also. But I would like to change over and go electric with a vent in the basement so I can brew indoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

BlackDuck wrote:I have everything I need also. But I would like to change over and go electric with a vent in the basement so I cant brew indoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of the best things I done was going electric. I have the timer set to come on in the morning and it’s calling for colder and some snow tomorrow and I can be inside out of the weather.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

I want a brewing assistant. A redhead.
That's all [emoji16].

I'm pretty happy with my stuff, too.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

The biggest upgrade I need is more time. I'm planning on buying that in about 3 years.
Hayzer
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by Hayzer »

I started on canned extracts a couple years ago then ramped up to grain kits and DME's. I am now wanting to jump up to all grain recipes. We are moving to Michigan May/June, so I won't be upgrading anything until settled in up there. You experienced brewers already know what brewing equipment I will need, but I do not. I will lean on this forum quite heavily when building out the system I want.
Bent Knee Brewery - Brewed near the Poosey
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

I'm sure you will get a variety of opinions to choose from.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Kealia wrote:I want a brewing assistant. A redhead.
That's all [emoji16].
I would think you should have at least three assistants, A redhead for Reds, A Blonde for Blondes and a Brunette for Browns, Porters and Stouts. Why limit your self on different styles, ;)
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

I also have pretty much all that I need. I have made some nice upgrades over the years but there's one thing I could buy but don't really need and that would be my own mill. I don't store any grains, so when I buy grains fresh from the LHBS, they just get crushed there. BUT, something I would really like is a dedicated cleaning area. A nice, large, deep industrial stainless steel sink and counter. I have a spigot in my garage I use for my brewing water after hooking up my charcoal filter but I do not have the means to add a drain, nor do I have the room to add a sink area like that in my garage. I do have a great brewing area with the cabinets and counter top my wife built me, I love the storage and that everything is put away.

Aside from brewing equipment, although I do have a great brewing space for now, I would love an actual brew room where that was it's only purpose.
Brew Strong My Friends...