Hunting season snacks.

Nothing goes better with a home brew then a good home made meal. Have a special food recipe you would like share or a food pairing with your favorite brew. Let the Borg know here.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Hunting season snacks.

Post by berryman »

Have been working this week on getting my hunting snacks ready for opening day tomorrow. Pickled eggs, venison jerky and dried apple slices. Going to make a 3 meat chili tonight for a chili party/cook off tomorrow night where we all bring our best chili for everyone one to sample. Got some good eating coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Ricklust
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Re: Hunting season snacks.

Post by Ricklust »

Sounds great...Love a good Chili Cookoff. Happy Hunting !
What are you shooting ?
Slainté ☘️
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Ricklust wrote:Sounds great...Love a good Chili Cookoff. Happy Hunting !
What are you shooting ?
Rick, I didn't win the chili cook off but placed high with my 3 meat chili. A dam white meat chicken chili won but was all excellent and we all did drink a lot of beer. I only hunt deer nowadays but use to hunt a lot of small game. I use a .308 in my big fields and carry a 12 GA, in the woods.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Ricklust
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by Ricklust »

Well sounds like all had a good time. Used to be able to hunt a lot around here until the subdivisions sprung up everywhere. Can’t even shoot a dam BB gun anymore. I’d luv to be able to escape this city life but don’t think that will ever happen. But we do have some great fishing that’s not to far away. ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Slainté ☘️
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

That's some nice Red's you have there. Put em on the pit!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Just watch out for the dumb city "drive by hunters" (aka morons with guns) flooding over your border from mine this time of year. I dunno maybe they drive right on by you and head into the wilds before they start to do stupid shit.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

mashani wrote:Just watch out for the dumb city "drive by hunters" (aka morons with guns) flooding over your border from mine this time of year. I dunno maybe they drive right on by you and head into the wilds before they start to do stupid shit.
Mash, if you are referring to the Ohio folks that come this way, they have never been a problem with the big game season but were when we ran coonhounds and coon hunting was big around here at one time. Now the Buffalo city guys that use to come down here for deer season and that was a problem, I wouldn't go in the woods when they were banging at anything that moved. Not bad for quite awhile now and we can hunt in peace now and safer.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison