Keg cleaner

There are so many gadgets and other stuff you can use to brew! Ask, learn and share what you got here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

Keg cleaner

Post by Beer-lord »

I'm putting this under Advanced Equipment but it's for anyone who kegs or actually, cleans everything brewing hardware.
This is my personal opinion only.
I've used PBW forever and still do and will but recently, I tried another cleaner because of a number of podcasts I heard by advanced brewers and small breweries about how much better Craft Meister is. So, a few months ago I bought these keg tablets. You simply add how water to a keg, add 2 tablets (1 per 3 gallons) and let it sit at least an hour. Its a mix of powerful alkaline and oxygen detergents that clean better than PBW ever did for me. It rinses easier too. It's probably a slight bit more expensive but I liked it so much I'm buying 5 lbs of their alkaline brewery wash to use in place of PBW for a while to see how that works. It's better on your skin and from what I've seen and read, it makes equipment look like new. Again, it might be a bit more expensive than PBW but to me, if it cleans better with less scrubbing and work, and it's faster, I'm in.

I'll let you know after I've tried the alkaline wash what I think but for now, if you want faster and cleaner kegs, give the tablets a try. YMMV.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
BlackDuck

Re: Keg cleaner

Post by BlackDuck »

Thanks for sharing...I'll give these a look.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Interesting. I just use a One Step substitute, half full, shake, soak if necessary. I'll take a look at this though. It is good for glass and plastic too?
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

They make a growler cleaner but I really don't know what's different about those tablets. Maybe the concentration?
Craft Meister Growler Cleaning Tablets are the easiest and most effective way to keep all of your glass, stainless and plastic growlers clean and beer ready. Just fill the growler with warm water, add a Tablet, soak for 10-15 minutes, then dump and rinse. The Tablets rinse away easily with no fragrances, dyes or residues left behind. Also works great on drinking water bottles, Erlenmeyer flasks, and coffee mugs and pots.
I don't know why you couldn't use their powdered alkaline or oxygen based version (or the mixture of both).
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Posted 24 hours after I just ordered some PBW from Amazon....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I'll probably still use PBW for some things. It just works and its got me by all these years.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black