Trading Post

Buy, Sell or trade all your home brew goodies here!

NOTICE: BUY, SELL AND TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK! THE SITE MANAGEMENT AND OWNER ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR LOSS OCCURING FROM TRANSACTIONS MADE IN THESE FORUMS

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Philmin9

Trading Post

Post by Philmin9 »

Call me crazy, but I would love to try some of the other borg member's beer. And I have a couple recipes coming up soon. I was hoping to use this thread as a trading post of sorts, post what you have that you would like to trade, and see if people can work deals out. It would be nice to get some honest feedback on my brews, especially from a borg member who knows what to look for.
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Trading Post

Post by joechianti »

Philmin9 wrote:Call me crazy, but I would love to try some of the other borg member's beer. And I have a couple recipes coming up soon. I was hoping to use this thread as a trading post of sorts, post what you have that you would like to trade, and see if people can work deals out. It would be nice to get some honest feedback on my brews, especially from a borg member who knows what to look for.
Okay, "You're crazy".

Anyway, there's a few people who do that fairly regular here. If none of them happen to find this post, you could try posting in a more heavily visited category. You'll find some like-minded individuals here, I'm sure. Good luck.

:party:
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

Actually the idea of a beer trade thread sounds great. I love sharing brews and also love trying styles I haven't tried, or don't normally brew.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

brewin bull
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by brewin bull »

I have shared a few with Phil and he has sent me a few, I also got a couple from that nekid cat guy. I hope to start sending out a few more soon, but life has been crazy. I bet creating a thread like this will get you a few responses and a few beers on the way. I think a sticky thread for this would be a great idea! :banana:

Oh and Phil and Jeff, I really enjoyed your latest offerings!! :urock:
Carcharodon Brewing
Gymrat
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Gymrat »

I have just learned how to ship them. I am still waiting to find out if Beer Lord survives the sampling.
teutonic terror
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by teutonic terror »

I also think a beer trading thread would be great!

I would be open to trying some of the BORG member's favorites as well as getting their
feedback on a few of my favorites! :clink:
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Gymrat wrote:I have just learned how to ship them. I am still waiting to find out if Beer Lord survives the sampling.
Welcome to the world of beer shipping Roger.

Don't worry about Paul, he seems to be a tough old coot. I haven't even been able to make him sick with my beer :huh: , doesn't seem to phase him at all. :laugh
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

brewin bull wrote:I have shared a few with Phil and he has sent me a few, I also got a couple from that nekid cat guy. I hope to start sending out a few more soon, but life has been crazy. I bet creating a thread like this will get you a few responses and a few beers on the way. I think a sticky thread for this would be a great idea! :banana:

Oh and Phil and Jeff, I really enjoyed your latest offerings!! :urock:

Glad to hear it, Bret! Thanks!! I also enjoyed another of your beers recently. The one labeled RTS. It reminded me a lot of the blonde ale I brew, but a little more caramelly, and red.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Conditioning
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Just seeing this thread since I don't venture to this part of the forum very often.

I've traded with a number of people now and I feel like I've gotten to know them better by doing so. It's also fun to read about beers that people are brewing that you've tasted yourself.

When my next few come ready I'll post up here for trades.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Inkleg wrote:
Gymrat wrote:I have just learned how to ship them. I am still waiting to find out if Beer Lord survives the sampling.

Don't worry about Paul, he seems to be a tough old coot. I haven't even been able to make him sick with my beer :huh: , doesn't seem to phase him at all. :laugh
I have so much beer from trading that I literally can't drink it all right now. Everyone I had has been great but I'm going to have to slow it down a bit until I can catch up. It's a huge problem but I'm up for it.
I just counted, I have 16 beers that have been sent to me that I've not gotten to yet. Plus my own!
I have a reason to live long enough to get thru them all.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Trading beers has been great. I love sharing mine and trying others. I trade with a few others here and have had a lot of fun. If you see one of my recipe threads that interests you, don't be afraid to PM me about trading.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Beer-lord wrote:
Inkleg wrote:

I have so much beer from trading that I literally can't drink it all right now. Everyone I had has been great but I'm going to have to slow it down a bit until I can catch up. It's a huge problem but I'm up for it.
I just counted, I have 16 beers that have been sent to me that I've not gotten to yet. Plus my own!
I have a reason to live long enough to get thru them all.
Trust me, I understand Paul.

Let me throw this out there while were here. It can get a little overwhelming at times with all the beers we have been sent and we do have other things going on in our lives.
Yes it is very flattering to have someone take the time to do a write up in Beer Reviews, but just a PM saying thank you and that they enjoyed it works just as well for me.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, when you start trading beer, don't beat yourself up not having gotten to it and replying to the sender. You will get to it when the time is right. We have beer of our own, and from you, so we understand.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Agreed. And I'll add that if you don't hear back right away don't start thinking that the other person didn't like your beer and is avoiding you.

I remember on the first trade or two that I did a year or so ago I didn't hear back for a while and I started wondering just that.

Like others have said, there's a lot of beer to be drank so eventually you'll hear back.
RDWHAHB
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by joechianti »

+1 to that. I sent a sample bottle to a newbie a few months back. Can't even recall his name now. Talk about a coincidence. The poor fellow died of some mysterious poisoning the very next day. When he didn't get back to me, I thought maybe he didn't like my beer. Obviously, it was just something he ate that day. Go figure. You never know. :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
JimH
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by JimH »

This sounds like a good place to look at some trades. I have traded with philm00x before, and it is a great way to get to know someone better and I learned that Phil knows how to make good beer! And, I got really good feedback on my 'Murican Wheat Ale from him, a recipe he helped me create. I thought it was good, but having someone else give such a good review that they clone your recipe is a pretty awesome experience.
My pipeline is a bit small at the moment and my brewing is slowed now that I am back in school but I might have an amber ale up for trade...although, it is almost the same in shipping cost to send one beer as it is to send 3, so I may not be able to send out one beer. I do have a blonde ale, but I don't know how well it came out we shall see after some more conditioning. A modified MB Oktoberfest is in the fermenter now, bottling this weekend, so that is a possibility as well.
Jimbo Homebrew Co.
----------------------------------------
Drinking:
Keg1:
Keg2:
Keg3:
Bottled:
Nothing!
Fermenting:
Fermenter 1 (5 Gal Bucket): Empty :(
Fermenter 2 (1 gal.): Empty :(

On Deck: