Faucets?

Have a question on how to keg your beer or just want some tips on bottling! Don't stick a cork in it until you ask the Borg!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Faucets?

Post by Kealia »

Get those bad boys mounted!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Kealia wrote:Get those bad boys mounted!
I have a little ways to go yet. I get the freezer delivered tomorrow, then have to see what I will need to build a collar and decide what kind of wood to use.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Hayzer
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by Hayzer »

berryman wrote:I love getting new beer toys in the mail.
That looks NICE. After reading this thread, I think I will also go with an SS flow control as well. What kind of handle are you going with Berryman? I am thinking of working down an old hedge post off the farm, tapping the end (because it's like steel anyway) and wood burning some type of design on it. I also have a fantastic vein of dark slate in one of my draws on the farm. I think I could bandsaw down a nice sized piece to use as a chalkboard to change beer names. The keezer planning is almost as interesting as the beer making.

Another thing I've thought about doing is running a band board/nailer around the freezer and then nailing old barn wood to it to make it look rustic. Probably doing this on a used chest freezer though. Might wrap the freezer in felt paper or paint it black, to hide the white that might show through the barn wood.
Bent Knee Brewery - Brewed near the Poosey
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Hayzer wrote: What kind of handle are you going with Berryman?
Haven't totally decided yet, but leaning towards 50 cal. BMG to go along with the camo outdoors theme.
Hayzer wrote:
Another thing I've thought about doing is running a band board/nailer around the freezer and then nailing old barn wood to it to make it look rustic. Probably doing this on a used chest freezer though. Might wrap the freezer in felt paper or paint it black, to hide the white that might show through the barn wood.
What I had in mind when was planning on a used one, then bought a new one with a custom paint job.
Hayzer wrote: The keezer planning is almost as interesting as the beer making.
Yea it is, but I am at the point I want to finish so I can use it... :clink:
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

I went with standard faucets simply because i inherited them. If i was buying outright, i likely would have gone with the same choice as you. But these will do the trick for me...

As for tap handles, I liked these from MoreBeer. They come with a spot for an insert (as shown) and also a chalkboard insert, so easy to display what's serving. I cribbed some of their provided inserts for their beer kits and customized to my liking, and have created a template for use ongoing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Swen, I have been considering them ones also. I am waiting on the Oak boards to finish my keezer. I have a place and a person I know well that does custom wood products and could have just bought them and really not much money, another friend of mine that I help out a lot has some oak, a planner and jointer and wants to make the parts for me for free, but still waiting on him and don't want to push it too hard because he is doing me a favor.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Those handles are pretty cool. If I needed new ones I'd look into them.