Pico Brew C on Woot

Share a deal or a steal you found with your BeerBorg buddies!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

mashani
mashani
mashani

Pico Brew C on Woot

Post by mashani »

If anyone wants a reconditioned 5L coffee pod beer maker, they are on Woot for $249 right now.

I never wanted such a thing and the fact that there are enough of those things available to be on Woot and still be for sale at 4PM kind of makes me wonder about how reliable they are...
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Re: Pico Brew C on Woot

Post by TonyKZ1 »

I dunno, it's an interesting idea. But not for the amount of money they want for them new and that you have to buy their recipes/pods/packs instead of putting your own ingredients/recipes in there. Also seems like it would take a lot of the work/enjoyment out of home brewing. Like you said, like brewing coffee. I would also rather put my beer in bottles and have a nice selection instead being forced to keg and only have one or maybe two types of beer available and trying to find somewhere to keep them cool.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: Pico Brew C on Woot

Post by mashani »

The "pod" thing turns me off from them.

You can get identical mini kegs like what they use for $15 from AIH, so I wouldn't mind buying a bunch of little 5L kegs to fill up with beer.

But the lack of being able to use own ingredients and program your own schedule/etc. without going to their web site and buying pod that costs 2x as much as even extract brewing... that's a killer for me.