Nova Scotia, or New Scotland?

There are so many gadgets and other stuff you can use to brew! Ask, learn and share what you got here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Nova Scotia, or New Scotland?

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

It really doesn't matter at all. Found 2 awesome breweries within walking distance from the harbor! American IPAs haven't quite made their way this for North, that I can tell, but love the beers here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Nova Scotia, or New Scotland?

Post by John Sand »

Very Cool. Are you in Halifax? I love Nova Scotia. It's worth a drive around if you have a car.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

We were in port in Halifax for the day. Although the weather was warm, raining and windy we did manage to stop at 2 breweries not to far from the ship. Garrison Brewing was the larger of the 2 and had a very drinkable 8% DIPA. Drinkable seeing as returning to the ship just required the ability to walk back to it. Interesting craft beer laws there too. No tours or tokens required, but the taproom only served 5 ounce pours. When asked where I could buy a pint the beer tender said "You can buy them at a bar". So this thirsty traveler proceeded to order half a dozen 5 ounce pours before going on my merry way.

Now Gahan Brewing, located a little further up the harbor walk, although smaller in brewing capacity. Offered waterfront dining complete with the most beautiful all copper brewhouse I've ever laid eyes on since last visiting 501 State Street in Santa Barbara, California. Their offerings consisted of more traditional styles of English IPA, English Golden Ale, Irish Red and a perfectly delicious Blueberry Ale. From Boston to Halifax and all points in between I was fortunate to enjoy many truly delicious craft beers.

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Sounds great. You're on a cruise then.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

I love hearing about vacations, and it's even better when there is a brewery involved!

Enjoy your trip!
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

Thanks everyone. I still haven't tallied how many breweries we stopped at, but it's at least half a dozen in as many cities. Somewhere along the way I ended up with a pretty bad sinus cold the day we returned, but the trip was well worth it.