Question about Beer. Simply Beer kits

Share a basic extract recipe that you like or want to get feedback from the Borg.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Question about Beer. Simply Beer kits

Post by bpgreen »

I may be brewing a quick batch for my mom and these kits seem tailor made for the task. I bought a few of them, but promptly opened them up, separated things out, and put things in the freezer. So I don't know exactly what's in the kits.

The description on the website says they include just what you need, but when they list the contents, the contents don't include sanitizer. For my own purposes, that wouldn't matter, because I have a lot of one step and star san on hand, but if I'm brewing at my mom's, that won't be the case.

Does anybody know offhand if these kits include sanitizer?

And I know AB Inbev bought Midwest and NB, but this kit is still a good deal and a good fit for a brew day that I have to fit in a short visit.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: Question about Beer. Simply Beer kits

Post by mashani »

I would be surprised if they did.

Except for the boxed kits from LD Carlson (Brewers Best), and of course canned kits from Mr. Beer/Brew Demon, I don't know of any homebrew kits that come with sanitizer.
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Nah, they don't include sanitizer. Pretty much every thing but sanitizer though. I've bought all 6 recipes, I like them and will be buying some more of those recipes.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

Thanks for the info. I think most of the kits I've bought from NB/MW have been package deals with fermenter, hydrometer, etc. Those did include sanitizer. When I bought the BSB kit, I just didn't pay any attention.
ebbz

Post by ebbz »

I guess they figure at the point in the game, if you are brewing five gallon batches you have Everything but the ingredients. I bought a cream ale kit. It will be the first in the fermenter that I got got Xmas. Looking forward to brewing day.
LLAP

-In Cervesia Veritas