Muntons Wheat Recipe

Share a basic extract recipe that you like or want to get feedback from the Borg.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Muntons Wheat Recipe

Post by jimjohson »

Brewed a Muntons Connoisseur's Wheat ale 6 US gal HME and added 3 # Briess Bavarian Wheat LME, 1 # of Muntons extra light DME, and 1# of flaked white wheat. The DME I boiled in the steep water (adding a quart of water to achieve .75 gal of water) and added 5 oz of Hull Mellon for 20 min boil and @ 5. If I got qbrew figured out right, and if I'm correct in assuming EBU and IBU are close enough to the same for Gov't work, then I should have a 22 IBU wheat ale when finished. My OG was 1.056 expected to finish at 1.014 color of 5 degrees, might be 5.5% ABV. Oh BTW I used 06 and reset the chamber to 73f(22.7c)

Has anybody tried the Hull Mellon? I know what it says I'll get melon (esp. honeydew) and strawberry bouquet, add the banana from the yeast this ought to be a heck of a lawnmower beer next summer.
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Muntons Wheat Recipe

Post by Kealia »

I've had Hull Mellon in a few beers where it was one of many hops but never as a SMaSH so I couldn't tell you for sure.

Good luck with this one!