Homebrew Alley MIA

News and inform about upcoming competitions or ones that you have entered.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Homebrew Alley MIA

Post by FedoraDave »

I haven't seen any announcements for Homebrew Alley yet. Not that I actually have anything worth entering, but I think it's strange. I wonder if they're abandoning it, or if they're just a little slow to get started this year.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- Fedorus Magnus Kölsch
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: Homebrew Alley MIA

Post by BigPapaG »

Should be something soon Dave... Their website has a Google Calendar and the dates of February 12-13 are marked off as the competition dates.

Since there is usually one to two months notice, I would be expecting to see an announcement before the end of December.

EDIT: Interestingly though, it is not yet listed on the AHA Events calendar nor on the BJCP Sanctioned Competition list from what I can see... Although that might not be unusual as someone actually has to register the competition for that to happen.

:cool:
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

Thanks for the info, Papa. I hadn't checked their website recently. I have "liked" their Facebook page, though, which is usually how I get my info. I did check the BJCP site, which is what prompted my OP.

Still, as I said, I don't really have anything to enter, unless I want to hold back a couple bottle of White Panama, or take a chance on the Hopsperiment I'm bottling tomorrow. Don't even know what category that would fit, though, to be honest. If I really wanted to push my luck, I could enter the Fogbank Amber Ale I'm brewing this weekend, but that's a new recipe, too, and who knows?

Yeah, I may just sit this one out. I had intended to enter my South Ferry Steam Beer, but I wasn't at all pleased with the batch I brewed (as a competition entry; I enjoyed the beer myself, but I don't think it would do well in a comp).
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- Fedorus Magnus Kölsch
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

I got an email notice today.
I'm not sure I'll enter anything. It might be interesting to enter a Belgian I submitted to another competition. That was at least a year ago, and I'd put it in a different category now. I suppose the DIPA if ready might go too. Keep us posted if you submit Dave.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.