Classic American Devil = 2 thumbs up

Recipes based in Mr. Beer extracts and refills.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

T8rSalad
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Classic American Devil = 2 thumbs up

Post by T8rSalad »

Threw together a Classic American Devil mix over 2 months ago and bottled on July 9th in memory of me Mum, RIP Mum...god rest her soul. Recipe was:

MB CABA = 1.21#
MB ADIPA = 1.21#
Booster = .81

no additional hops and used 2 sachets of ol' MB yeast = 4 grams...brewed in 8 cups of water to start, added 4 cups can-rinse water and pitched yeast @ approx. 70*.

OG = 1.0452
FG = 1.0161
ABV = 3.9%

Bottled in my 3 litre bottles and Tap-A-Draft system...pours a very nice tasting and refreshing lawnmower beer, excellent in this heat and with a healthy mouth-feel.

ADIPA has been a good mix refill with other MB refills. I have about 6 more cans of it and will be trying other homemade recipes throughout the next year until I run out.

:party: :cheers: :clink:
L8r T8r

Fermenting: Quiet Kreek Kolsch Deaux, First Pitch Pilsner Ale Trois

Conditioning: Nut Brown Vienna Lager Ale, PilotHouse Pilsner, Johnny Silk's ESB 4th gen, Blue Moon Clone Trois, Fallen Friar Deaux, Arizona Country Canadian Draft Deaux

Drinking & Sharing: Rose's Rambling Red, Blue Moon Deaux, Ruck & Maul Red, American Devil Indian Pale Ale, Quiet Creek Kolsch, Northwest Pale Ale, Golden Czech Pils, Beach Babe Blonde, Grand Bohemian Czech Pils Trois, Diablo IPA+, Columbus Cascading Amber Ale, High Country Gold Lager Ale,
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Classic American Devil = 2 thumbs up

Post by joechianti »

Sounds good, T8r. I just did up a similar one with ADIPA and HCCD. Like you, I felt they provided enough hops as is. I added a little DME and sugar so I could increase the volume with more water, taking full advantage of the LBK. I used a defoamer tab from those TBM kits because lately I've been having some significant overflows from filling the LBK too much and pitching heavily on the yeast. Did you save any of those defoamers from those kits? I believe they're basically fermcap.