I want one

There are so many gadgets and other stuff you can use to brew! Ask, learn and share what you got here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

I want one

Post by MadBrewer »

I had a thermometer/timer combo with a temp probe that gave out a while back. I never replaced it but I liked having it around on brew day. For one I used it as an alarm for hot break I would set the temp alarm for 208* to give me a minute to check the kettle. But I also liked sticking it in the mash to have a constant temperature check when I wanted to. This one is a step above that with a nice digital display and also features a min/max temp readout...sounds like an easy way to track mash temps. The price is reasonable for what you are getting and they have other style probes that work with it. I think I might be asking Santa for one. :cool:

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/ala ... alarm.html
Brew Strong My Friends...
Beer-lord

Re: I want one

Post by Beer-lord »

ThermoWorks make great products. At it seems the price is fair. But, I guess since it's made for cooking they didn't make a longer cable.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I like the high/low alarm. I've got one with an alarm for reaching a temperature as it's heating up, but not when it's cooling down.
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

Beer-lord wrote:ThermoWorks make great products. At it seems the price is fair. But, I guess since it's made for cooking they didn't make a longer cable.
This one comes with a 4 ft high temp cable. Good to like 700*. The interchangable probes is a nice feature. They make one that is 12 in long and straight. That would problably be the one I pick up with this so I can put it straight down in the middle of the mash to collect a good overall reading.
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

Did you ever purchase this device? Wondering how it has worked out for you.
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

I have 2 of this one, has F and C, timer, wireless remote receiver, both are very accurate. It is on Amazon under a few different names ThermoFuture, SugarFox, Kona, GrillEze, among others. Had on like Mad is looking at it committed suicide twice into a boil, brought it back to life the first time, second time was done for!
Attachments
510WB-bFX5L._AA160_.jpg
510WB-bFX5L._AA160_.jpg (6.96 KiB) Viewed 620 times
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

D_Rabbit wrote:Did you ever purchase this device? Wondering how it has worked out for you.
No, I never did purchase it. I probably could have mentioned it to the wife for a Chrsitmas gifet but I don't really need it, just liked it. I will probably just find another like I had for around $20 made by Taylor. It's not as fancy but it will do what I want it to just as well.
Pudge
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Pudge »

I think I'm actually wearing out my digital, pocket, cheapy thermometer. The display is fading and I've changed batteries for the second time. I might have to scout around for a new one and this looks pretty nice.