Haztoberfest results

Let everyone know your competition results and any lessons learned

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Haztoberfest results

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Thanks, PKBC and congrats on your Silver. Like Louie said get yourself Assimilated and join in, this is a great bunch of brewers here of all different levels all after the same end result, BREWING A GREAT BEER!!!! Have not heard from anyone from S.N.O.B.S. yet on stewarding, I clicked available for both sessions. Always great to find more home brewers somewhat local.
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
PaperKittenBrewingCo

Post by PaperKittenBrewingCo »

Dawg LB Steve wrote:Thanks, PKBC and congrats on your Silver. Like Louie said get yourself Assimilated and join in, this is a great bunch of brewers here of all different levels all after the same end result, BREWING A GREAT BEER!!!! Have not heard from anyone from S.N.O.B.S. yet on stewarding, I clicked available for both sessions. Always great to find more home brewers somewhat local.
I will make an intro tonight after work. But I am apart of The Homebros club in Cleveland. It's only a few years old. We work closely with a lot of SNOBS so I will gather some information tonight and pass it on to you.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Yea...congrats on that Silver. Mine scored a 31 in the same category. I'm glad I get to "meet" one of the guys that beat me!! Nice job!!

Oh....and welcome to the Borg. Hopefully you'll stick around. There is a bunch of great people here.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

I belong to Little Mountain Home Brew Club, at the meeting last nite was told we would not be contacted till the week before.
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
PaperKittenBrewingCo

Dawg LB Steve wrote:I belong to Little Mountain Home Brew Club, at the meeting last nite was told we would not be contacted till the week before.
Awesome! They are a great club from what I hear. I think I entered a few in KOTM a while back. I'l be dropping off my entries for Brewzilla at the tap house on Saturday. I'm entering my pale ale from Haztoberfest (bottled from the same batch) so I am excited to see how the feedback compares between the two competitions!
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

PaperKittenBrewingCo wrote:
Dawg LB Steve wrote:I belong to Little Mountain Home Brew Club, at the meeting last nite was told we would not be contacted till the week before.
Awesome! They are a great club from what I hear. I think I entered a few in KOTM a while back. I'l be dropping off my entries for Brewzilla at the tap house on Saturday. I'm entering my pale ale from Haztoberfest (bottled from the same batch) so I am excited to see how the feedback compares between the two competitions!
I got my Brown Ale going against you again :( , and a Cali-Common. My Brown, Bronzed in this years KOTM.
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
PaperKittenBrewingCo

Dawg LB Steve wrote:
PaperKittenBrewingCo wrote:
I got my Brown Ale going against you again :( , and a Cali-Common. My Brown, Bronzed in this years KOTM.
Best of luck to you! Either way the feedback is very valuable. Congrats on the KOTM medal! I'm also submitting a robust porter and an irish red I did a few weeks ago.
PaperKittenBrewingCo

Stopped by Fat Heads saturday to drop off my entries and of course stayed for a few pints with a nice lunch.