About my best aroma thread

Provide a review, whether it's from another Borg member or a commercial beer that you really like, this is the place to share! Cheers!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Gymrat
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

About my best aroma thread

Post by Gymrat »

THIS is the IPA it was about

Oskar Blues IPA, almost a strange choice for what is considered a very hops-aggressive brewery. They already brew Dale's Pale Ale (which borders on an IPA) and the much stronger and bitter Deviant Dale's, G'Knight and Gubna, and to put out an almost tame-by-comparison IPA seems like a brewing retraction if not a poor marketing decision.

Instead, the new IPA is brilliant and distinctive. Oskar Blues turned to all emerging Southern Hemisphere hops from Australia and Tasmania for the brew, some new and barely known in the States (Vic Secret, Topaz, Ella and Enigma). In fact, Oskar Blues becomes only the fourth brewery in the U.S. to obtain Enigma hops in any substantial quantity and the first to use them in a year-round product.

The IPA pours a light gold with a thick white frothy head and a taste of a light toasty malt with bright, floral hops across the board. Tons of hops flavor, more tropical melon and sweet-citrus than piney C-hops or woody resin, with little residual bitterness that makes it quaffable at a relatively gentle 6.43% ABV and 70 IBU. For a pretty complex IPA, it has an almost neutral aftertaste.
BlackDuck

Re: About my best aroma thread

Post by BlackDuck »

I always see their stuff on the shelf, and I've never picked any up. It's kind of like I never grab the stuff I always see, because I always see it and can get it whenever I want, but I end up never buying it. I'll have to grab some and give it a try.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Beer-lord

Re: About my best aroma thread

Post by Beer-lord »

I posted about Pinner before but I did like the Gubna DIPA pretty much. Can't recall if I tried the one Roger mentions but I know it's here so I'll look for it.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black