rye beer

Share a basic extract recipe that you like or want to get feedback from the Borg.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Gman20
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

rye beer

Post by Gman20 »

Edited ****
have had the chance to try a couple rye beers and gonna make my next batch a rye so i used the base from a beer kit but am going to use different hops

steeping grains 20 mins
8oz honey malt
4oz munch
2oz vienna

3.3# can of rye lme
3#s pilsen dme

have an oz of columbus and an oz of saaz for this, will bitter with columbus while using the saaz for aroma and or flavor.as far as ibus go im thinking low to mids 20s so ill have some hops left over

safale 05 yeast

gonna be brewing this weekend................cant wait!!! its been months since a brewed me some beer :party:
Last edited by Gman20 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: rye beer

Post by The_Professor »

Gman20 wrote:...3.3# can or rye...
Can of rye?

Something to keep in mind if you're using something like this is that it is only 20% (check the formulation of yours) rye to begin with. Adding the pilsner makes it 10%. Thats fine if that is what you want. Just FYI if you didn't know already.
Gman20
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: rye beer

Post by Gman20 »

Oooops meant can of rye lme

And yea realized after i got home the can is only 20% rye when originally i was goin to go as much as 50% but ill see how this goes and maybe make it more rye based next time.......been tryin to go extract latley save time tho