Writers Wanted For Homebrewer Articles

The information and announcements you need to know about the BeerBorg community.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Re: Writers Wanted For Homebrewer Articles

Post by D_Rabbit »

Thanks guys for the kind words. I was surprised to see it get through but glad my message appears to be well received.

Thanks to Vince for asking and encouraging and putting in some great captions for the photos.

Also, couldn't have done it without my wife. My writing style can be a little awkward and she was able to pull it together and give it some great flow.

Thanks again guys for the kind words here and on the article site!
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

That's a good article
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Great job Dan, very well written, but your words are what is out there!
:cheers:
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Well done Dan, well done. :clink:
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

Finally got around to reading the article. Great job!

:cheers:
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

Don't be shy folks, I'm still in search of good articles for publication on the FrontPage! Remember it's easy to do, exciting to see your work appear in print while you increase your brewing budget all at the same time. Articles should be 500 words or more, include three to five images and a short bio about yourself.
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

I am still accepting articles for publication and making payments to authors the Friday after their articles go live. Content covering a wide range of brewing topics based on your or a friends personal experience, or technical in nature are in demand. Have a story to tell about how to best prepare for entering beer in a competition, awards won, or a good time had at a brewing event? I'll take it. Had a perfect brewday, or one where everything went wrong, I'll take that too. If it's interesting to you, it'll be interesting to others too so give it a try there's nothing to lose.

Vince Feminella (aka: ScrewyBrewer)
editor@culturedmedia.com

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

Looks like Daniel "D_Rabbit" Roy will be having his second article published on the Front Page later this week, thank you Dan!

I know there are quite a few members here on this forum who have some huge writing skills to share with other homebrewers so please don't be shy. If you've got an idea for an article, and would like to make some extra ca$h to fund your brewing, email me your article for my review.

Articles should be written in MS Word compatible format, contain at least 500 words and include 3 to 5 images that are at least 600 by 600 pixels. I'll help you out wherever needed in reformatting any images.

Vince Feminella (aka: ScrewyBrewer)
editor@culturedmedia.com

ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

On today's FrontPage Daniel "D_Rabbit" Roy shares with us his most memorable list of brewday blunders. It's a story of how one brewer still managed to save his brewday and turn out a great tasting beer after overcoming a host of obstacles.

Surprisingly, We Made Beer!

Don't be shy folks if you have an article you'd like to share with other homebrewers just PM me and we'll make it happen.

Vince

Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Nice one Dan. Good stuff.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

You hit that nail directly on the head Dan! Just went thru an episode very similar, dumped the water into the mash cooler, added about half the grain and saw my manifold in pieces in the equipment bucket! New toy, sight glass on the HLT and preoccupied!
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

Dawg LB Steve wrote:You hit that nail directly on the head Dan! Just went thru an episode very similar, dumped the water into the mash cooler, added about half the grain and saw my manifold in pieces in the equipment bucket! New toy, sight glass on the HLT and preoccupied!
At the big brew day I was sharing equipment with someone else. He says to me after we mash in..... "I forgot to attach the tubing for the false bottom!!" I had my mash tun with us so I say "just dump it in to my mash tun and we will use mine." Great idea!!!! I forgot to screw my manifold in prior to dumping in to my mash tun! Attached the tubing in his mash tun and dumped it back in to his after making sure the tubing was attached. We call it DMT Kolsch (Double Mash Tun Kolsch)! . Different equipment, different scenery, different issues!!
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

Dan that was a great article, it got a lot of traction with our readers! It got me thinking about some pretty wacky brewdays I've had over the years too. Considering we don't get to brew everyday its a miracle that we don't all have more days like you described.

ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

Get in on the action! Have an interesting brewday you'd like to share with other brewers? Or maybe a favorite recipe, favorable experience brewing with all grain, BIAB or extract? How about a beer related food recipe or a pairing that you've found to be perfect. Anyone who brews beer is sure to have something to write about so don't delay.

** Contributing authors will receive a membership to HomeBrewTalk.com, free stickers or $25.00 for each published
article! **

Requirements are simple all articles must be 500 words or more, in MS Word format and contain 3 to 5 '.Jpg' images that are at least 600 x 600 pixels in size. I will help resizing images wherever needed.

Topics can vary greatly, but we do like to approve the first couple to make sure we’re on the same page in what
we’re looking for. Writers select their own topics. What did you want to write about?

Just eMail me your article with images, or any questions you may have, at your convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Vince Feminella (aka: Screwy Brewer)
editor@culturedmedia.com
Last edited by ScrewyBrewer on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

ScrewyBrewer wrote:...Requirements are simple all articles must be 500 words or more, in MS Word format and contain 3 to 5 '.Jpg' images that are at least 600 x 600 pixels in size. I will help resizing images wherever needed...
I guess an article entitled "How To Successfully Move Your Website To The Cloud" that consists of a link "Click here to read the article" that redirects to a "page not found" not only doesn't meet the requirements but is possibly in poor taste. :)