RCE 2015 pairings

The information and announcements you need to know about the BeerBorg community.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Banjo-guy
Braumeister
Braumeister

Re: RCE 2015 pairings

Post by Banjo-guy »

Thanks for setting this up Dave..
Beer rust I'm looking forward to coming up with a recipe together! I'm using my original ID of just plain Banjo-guy. There is no one after my name.

I'll send you a message.
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

dwaynebutcher wrote:
FedoraDave wrote:Hey, family comes before anything, even brewing. As long as you get some beer made, it's all good (although, if the baby's due any second, you can kiss that goodbye).

There will be another RCE right around Labor Day, so keep your eyes peeled.
Labor Day? You mean Memorial Day, or will we have to wait till September?? HAHA.
No, I do two of these a year; one shortly after Christmas (hoping to rope in guys who got kits for Christmas) and one around Labor Day, when people are back from vacation, and the weather is more conducive to brewing. Also, given the amount of time it takes to make beer, it doesn't seem as though doing more than these two is worth it.

Of course, anyone who wants to hook up with another Borg member independently and collaborate on a recipe can do so at any time. You don't need me for that. But the formal, official RCEs are mid-winter and Labor Day-ish.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- Fedorus Magnus Kölsch
dwaynebutcher

Post by dwaynebutcher »

FedoraDave wrote:
dwaynebutcher wrote:
FedoraDave wrote:Hey, family comes before anything, even brewing. As long as you get some beer made, it's all good (although, if the baby's due any second, you can kiss that goodbye).

There will be another RCE right around Labor Day, so keep your eyes peeled.
Labor Day? You mean Memorial Day, or will we have to wait till September?? HAHA.
No, I do two of these a year; one shortly after Christmas (hoping to rope in guys who got kits for Christmas) and one around Labor Day, when people are back from vacation, and the weather is more conducive to brewing. Also, given the amount of time it takes to make beer, it doesn't seem as though doing more than these two is worth it.

Of course, anyone who wants to hook up with another Borg member independently and collaborate on a recipe can do so at any time. You don't need me for that. But the formal, official RCEs are mid-winter and Labor Day-ish.

Okay, great! I was just wondering. This is already so much fun, and we haven't done anything yet. Thanks for the info!
myhorselikesbeer
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by myhorselikesbeer »

Dave,
Just saw your PM. Sent one back. Looking forward to working with you.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Well, e-mailed my partner, no answer. Guess he does not want to do one with me, that or he is busy. Just as well, I'm now not going to be able to do one for quite a while. If Knightmare shows back up Dave, you can assign him a new partner if someone else wants to jump in.

What they thought my mom had, a stroke, turned out to be brain cancer. Things are not going well, my daughter (an RN) and I are heading there soon and don't know when I will be back home. Could be in a week, or I could be there all summer, I won't know til I get there and see what is going on. I'm told they have a good cancer Dr. which is a good thing. They need my help, I told them I will stay as long as needed so we will see. My son is going to move out here to be with my wife, she should not need much unless we get hit with snow..... she can't even operate a snow shovel properly, no way will I give her the keys to the snow blower... sad but true... LOL. Got several buds close to here that is also going to lend a hand so she will be ok.

Stinx, I have a brand new shiny brew pot that will be dull and covered in cobwebs before it gets used. O-well, got more important things to take care of. I am taking my puter with me so y'all won't be able to get rid of me, I'll still be surfin, giving those MN guys a hard time.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

I'm sorry about your mom, Froze. Go ahead and take care of business; everything will still be here when you get back.

My own partner has PM'd me a couple times, but he's apparently not as active due to the weather and other things, as well. That's just how it rolls for some folks, and there's no hurry in getting anything done.

All the best to you and yours.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- Fedorus Magnus Kölsch
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

FIT, I'm very sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she gets the care she needs to make a full recovery. You're an awesome person for taking care of her!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Thanks. I'm back home now, have been a couple weeks. This friday I'm headed there again. The chemo has shrunk the tumor by 75% already. She's going to be fine for a while, she's a feisty old gal.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Glad to hear this news. Sorry for my lateness but I am glad things are looking up.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
myhorselikesbeer
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by myhorselikesbeer »

John,
A 75% reduction is fantastic!! Hope all continues to go well. Is it thawed out enough up there for packages yet? How did your Wife and Son make out while you were gone. Have a great day.

Ed
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

myhorselikesbeer wrote:John,
A 75% reduction is fantastic!! Hope all continues to go well. Is it thawed out enough up there for packages yet? How did your Wife and Son make out while you were gone. Have a great day.

Ed
Thanks. It's kinda thawed out, hit 32 last night. Received a shipment of hatching eggs, they were not froze so I think we r ok. We leave tomorrow morning again for Hoosierland.