Michigan, time to check in!

Wisconsin | Illinois | Indiana | Michigan | Ohio

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Re: Michigan, time to check in!

Post by DaYooper »

For some strange reason, I have the heebie-jeebies about opening day (Apalachian State). That should NOT be happening.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
Wings_Fan_In_KC
Wings_KC
Wings_KC

Post by Wings_Fan_In_KC »

Lloyd Carr is long gone so hopefully we won't see a repeat of the 2007 game.

* shudders *
I'm A Friggin' Hop Grenade !!
Crazy Dog Brewing
22.50 Gallons Brewed in 2014

Jan 6th: HCCD Mod II
Jan 27th: Diablo IPA Mod
Feb 18th: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod II
Mar 13th: Witty Monk Witbier Mod II
Moved in June disupting my brewing and pipeline
July 19th: OVL Mod II
Late Aug: Bewitched Amber Ale Mod
Oct: High Country Canadian Mod III
Nov: St Pat's Irish Stout/Vanilla Porter Mod
Dec: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod III
Wings_Fan_In_KC
Wings_KC
Wings_KC

Post by Wings_Fan_In_KC »

Bye bye, Brady Hoke.

You really never had a chance. The damage that Rich-Rod & Greg Robinson ( *SPITS* ) did to this program was so heinous and so disgusting that no one really could have survived as the "rebound" coach. Rich-Rod's offense (or lack of it) and Robinson's defense (or lack of it) were a cancerous poison that spread throughout every facet of Michigan Football.

Robinson's prior stops include a disasterous stint with The Kansas City Chiefs and equally as disasterous tenure at Syracuse. The last actual success you can plausibly attribute to Greg Robinson came during his tenure as the Denver Broncos' DC, when his defenses were top ten in the NFL and a significant aid in Denver's back-to-back championships. Since then it's been abject f*ckin' failure. I despise the sight of Greg Robinson to this day and I wish him nothing but continued failure everywhere he goes.

So the search is on for the savior who will bring Michigan Football back to its glory days. Hackett better not f*ck this up. The Wolverine Nation is pissed off and we want this fixed.

Amen.
I'm A Friggin' Hop Grenade !!
Crazy Dog Brewing
22.50 Gallons Brewed in 2014

Jan 6th: HCCD Mod II
Jan 27th: Diablo IPA Mod
Feb 18th: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod II
Mar 13th: Witty Monk Witbier Mod II
Moved in June disupting my brewing and pipeline
July 19th: OVL Mod II
Late Aug: Bewitched Amber Ale Mod
Oct: High Country Canadian Mod III
Nov: St Pat's Irish Stout/Vanilla Porter Mod
Dec: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod III
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

Have to agree. RichRod completely mucked up UofM style football. Funny, as when painting the other day had on the "Ditch Rod" hoodie my cousin made up for us. Actually wanted him to stay another season as she brought them out the last game so didnt get much use.

Hoake had his chance although DitchRod really screwed up the recruitability of MI when them being considered a "second choice" or "option" school. He probably would have been more tolerated however if he just wore the ^%$# headset and made it look like he was doing something. He could have listened to classic rock - or Miley Cyrus - for all I cared.

Problem going forward now is the "interim" status of the athletic director. People take these jobs based on the relationships with the AD and knowing they will back the program the coach brings to the table. With the AD in limbo, it will be difficult to get any big name talent unfortunately.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company