Wisconsin | Illinois | Indiana | Michigan | Ohio

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

haerbob3
Braumeister
Braumeister

Re: Michigan, time to check in!

Post by haerbob3 »

DaYooper wrote:
BlackDuck wrote:....check it out. Even the our popcorn tub is Scarlet and Gray!!!
Louie, you really REALLY need to fix that!
Most definitely!!! Those southern zombies keep trying to migrate north. Can not blame them we have HOME-BREW not that 3.2 SH!T they call beer!! 'Sides isn't that stuff just recycled MI HOME-BREW :lol: :lol: :lol: I mean what do expect from people that worship a nut!!!!
im Leben Geduld ist eine Tugend
in Brau-es ist eine Anforderung

in life patience is a virtue
in brewing it is a requirement

You are stronger than you think you are!!!!
~~Andy Wesley 1973 -- 2013
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

haerbob3 wrote:I mean what do expect from people that worship a nut!!!!
Looking forward to the big game this year being at "home." SWMBO usually goes out and buys a bushel basket of buckeyes and puts them next to a patio paver and a big arse hammer. But, in all honesty we actually have fun at the Big House and are "fairly" nice to the bad guys on that day. An entirely different story when it is an away game I must say.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Happiness is crushed Buckeye nuts.

OHOWIHATEOHIOSTATE

Burn Woody!

Woody is a pecker.

Thank you.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

Poor SWMBO. At the last minute (well, three weeks ago), the youngest decided he wanted to transfer from UofM to CMU so he could have an "away for college" experience. With the opening tailgate being UofM vs CMU at the Big House, she is not quite sure what team jersey to wear. That was until I reminded her that he would not be home until the Notre Dame game so what he doesnt know wont hurt him.

GO BLUE!
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Glad you set her straight. Sad that you couldn't convince the youngest to not transfer...

Both of our boys went/go to U of M (as we did, twice for me). I wasn't a Michigan resident, SWMBO was. Our oldest started here when we lived 600 miles away, we moved here when he was 1/2 way through (yea for in-state tuition). Our youngest is starting his senior year with a year of grad after that.

We let both live on campus (dorms, then off-campus/frat housing). We see them more often than living 600 miles away, but keep our distance to let them have their freedom. Having not grown up in A2 (except for the youngest's last 3 years), they never brought up wanting to be away from home.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

The bad thing is the oldest is transfering from there to WSU as well, but that was due to his major and is the better choice.

Youngest could have lived on campus but all the relatives live in the area so I think he simply wanted to strike it out on his own for once although her parents will probably be up there every other weekend. Both were pretty much on their own as they live(d) in her old house without competent adult supervision. But family was too close to get that "on your own feeling." He almost went to State (promised he would still wear the maize and blue for games) but only joked about OSU thank goodness. Shoot, we have a bunch of State fans that join us for our 'gating but we make them wear "our" colors if they want to hang out. Even carry just-in-case shirts. But we do let then wear the bad colours when we are playing them. Friendly rivalry can be fun!
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

Just have to stir the fire since I probably wont be on until I recover sometime on Sunday...

GO BLUE !!!
Wings_Fan_In_KC
Wings_KC
Wings_KC

Post by Wings_Fan_In_KC »

As you all know, I'm a maize and blue fan through and through. I moved out of MI back in 1990 but my roots are still there....parents and in-laws too.

I'm A Friggin' Hop Grenade !!
Crazy Dog Brewing
22.50 Gallons Brewed in 2014

Jan 6th: HCCD Mod II
Jan 27th: Diablo IPA Mod
Feb 18th: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod II
Mar 13th: Witty Monk Witbier Mod II
Moved in June disupting my brewing and pipeline
July 19th: OVL Mod II
Late Aug: Bewitched Amber Ale Mod
Oct: High Country Canadian Mod III
Nov: St Pat's Irish Stout/Vanilla Porter Mod
Dec: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod III
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

I'm going to be in Michigan in late October for a wedding. Will be between in Belleville/Ypsi/Ann Arbor areas (except for the wedding which is in Brooklyn). Gonna ask SWMBO about the itinerary so if there's some free time, maybe we can meet up for a beer or something!
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

What's for dinner?

That's your line....

Might work out.

Rick

Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone

LouieMacGoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LouieMacGoo »

philm00x wrote:I'm going to be in Michigan in late October for a wedding. Will be between in Belleville/Ypsi/Ann Arbor areas (except for the wedding which is in Brooklyn). Gonna ask SWMBO about the itinerary so if there's some free time, maybe we can meet up for a beer or something!
Keep us posted as to when and where you will be here in Mich so we can connect.
Worrying can spoil the taste of beer more then anything else! ~ Charles Papazian

Find out more about Yeast, Hops, Grains and Cleaning & Sanitizing
Whats Brewing

Fermenting:

#40 - Citra-Nilla Cream Ale IPA - Brewed:9/20/15

Conditioning:
#39 - Dead Fly IPA - Brewed: 8/29/15 Bottled: 9/27/15
#38 - Apricot Hefeweizen (Colab w/Adam at SOL)- Brewed: 8/8/15

Drinking
#36 - Summer Wheat: Oberon Clone - Brewed: 7/11/15
#37 - Hickory Bourbon Honey Porter - Brewed: 7/18/15
#33 - Younger No. 1 Scottish Strong Ale - Brewed: 3/29/15
#28 - Hard Mulled Cider, Brewed 10/11/14 Kegged
#29 - Strawberry Lime Cider, Brewed/10/19/14 Kegged

Gone
#34 - Second Runnings IPA - Brewed: 3/29/15
#32 - Harvest Nugget Smash v2 (TBD) Brewed 11/27/14
#35 - Columbus Pale Ale - Brewed: 5/02/15
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

Watch out if you will be in A2 during game day - it gets crazy nutty. But, you will certainly want to stop by Jolly Pumpkin.

Go Blue! I sure hope this game isn't as much of a nail biter as the last one was with CMU.
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

Oh, I know it does. The first time I went to A2, college football season just started and UofM was playing Notre Dame at the Big House. Of course, my wife, her friends, and I were all oblivious to this fact at the time, and we ended up getting stuck there for several hours so we sat at a bar and had some drinks while we waited until traffic subsided enough to let us get out of there.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Conditioning
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

DaYooper wrote:Watch out if you will be in A2 during game day - it gets crazy nutty. But, you will certainly want to stop by Jolly Pumpkin.

Go Blue! I sure hope this game isn't as much of a nail biter as the last one was with CMU.

HA!

I really dislike games like CMU. I know why they have them (warm up the team, give a team like CMU a chance to play in the 3rd largest stadium in the world), but a blowout is boring - unless you're blowing out a big rival like OSU where every touchdown brings joy.

I may be stuck watching it by myself as SWMBO is likely going to be checking up on her relatives overnight. Send the dancing girls to Rickbeer, 123 I'll Drink Your Beer Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48104

Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone

Wings_Fan_In_KC
Wings_KC
Wings_KC

Post by Wings_Fan_In_KC »

That was a good game. I don't make predictions as I don't want to throw the jinx.

Brian Kelly's got some growing up to do - this ain't Grand Valley, pal, it's the m*therf*ckin' Big House.

"Notre Dame - Returning to Greatness since 1993." - HA!
I'm A Friggin' Hop Grenade !!
Crazy Dog Brewing
22.50 Gallons Brewed in 2014

Jan 6th: HCCD Mod II
Jan 27th: Diablo IPA Mod
Feb 18th: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod II
Mar 13th: Witty Monk Witbier Mod II
Moved in June disupting my brewing and pipeline
July 19th: OVL Mod II
Late Aug: Bewitched Amber Ale Mod
Oct: High Country Canadian Mod III
Nov: St Pat's Irish Stout/Vanilla Porter Mod