Kindle brewing books

Share a deal or a steal you found with your BeerBorg buddies!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Kindle brewing books

Post by swenocha »

I'm a sucker for a good brewing book, so I thought I'd post a deal I found for Kindle. Clone Brews is a book I've had for a while now. I'm a sucker for a clone brew recipe book, and I've quite enjoyed the print version of this over the last several years. At $2.51 on Kindle right now, it's pretty much a steal. There are a great many other cheap recipe books for that price or lower on Kindle right now, but I can't really vouch for them. There are also a great number of great $10 books (Papazian's 'Complete Joy of Homebrewing,' Miller's 'Brew Like a Pro,' The Mad Fermentationist's 'American Sour Beer,' Jamil's 'Brewing Classic Styles,' Palmer's 'How To Brew,', etc).
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Re: Kindle brewing books

Post by DaYooper »

Seeing as I like my books in paper format, Ive never gotten into any of the e-readers. But, for a recipe book, it would not be a big deal since I am not pouring over hundreds of pages at a time. So, does anyone know if there are any reader programs for kindle, etc book so you can read them on a regular PC? The price looks good and I could just print out (in paper format) the recipe I am working with at the time.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

If you have an Amazon account, there is a free Kindle reader app you can download on your PC here.
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

You can also read Kindle books on any Android device (phone, tablet). There is a Kindle app for free.

I too prefer paper over ebooks to actually read a book. I sometimes get ebooks via our library, although their selection is skimpy because they don't pay for a higher level of content.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Since we're on the subject of Kindle Books, I "buy" the best kind, ones that are FREE. :lol: Many are absolutely junk, not worth the effort to download. Many are short, and written recently. Once in a while there are some that are ok, and well worth the price... I download them and get around to looking at them eventually. Since they are only free for short periods, get them while the getting is good. Some are setup to be read aloud to you if you are reading-challenged. :lol:

For those that don't know, Amazon regularly makes ebooks free to a) boost their ranking and b) get more reviews to boost their ranking. Here are currently free (make sure you double check before purchasing that they still are free) beer-related Amazon ebooks (descriptions from Amazon, I haven't opened them yet):

Home Brewing Beer And Other Juicing Recipes: 3 Books In 1 Boxed Set [Kindle Edition] Publication Date: July 23, 2014
The Boxed Set "Home Brewing Beer and Other Juicing Recipes," is the perfect collection of books for the reader who is interested in learning more about beer-brewing, or adding a few more recipes to his/her brewing repertoire. As a special bonus, this boxed set also includes a book about smoothies that will introduce the reader to a wide array of fruity beverages. This book will be an asset to the reader on the occasions where he/she has to cater to the refreshment needs of children or other persons for whom beer would not be suitable (for example, persons on medication or special diets).

The "Home Brewing Beer and Other Juicing Recipes" Boxed Set contains three (3) titles:

Book 1: Beer Brewing Recipes: Beer Brewing for Beginners.
Book 2: Home Brewing: 70 Top Secrets & Tricks to Brewing Beer Right the First Time.
Book 3: Smoothie Food Poetry for the Smoothie Lifestyle.

Home Brewing: 70 Top Secrets & Tricks To Beer Brewing Right The First Time: A Guide To Home Brew Any Beer You Want (With Recipe Journal) If you download the prior book, this is included. Publication Date: April 1, 2014
If you have ever considered brewing beer in the comfort of your home or wondered what is involved in the homemade beer-brewing process, this is the book for you. Whether you are an experienced brewer or an individual with no brewing experience, you will find the secrets and tricks provided in this book to be of great value throughout your quest to produce high quality beer for yourself, your family and your friends. This book contains a Journal in which to log your own special beer brewing recipes.

Beer Brewing Made Easy With Recipes (Boxed Set): 3 Books In 1 Beer Brewing Guide With Easy Homeade Beer Brewing Recipes Publication Date: June 27, 2014
Brewing the perfect beer can be considered an art-form, which requires attention to detail and great care to get that ideal taste. In this Boxed Set, the reader will find the core information needed to brew a world-class batch every time. Every effort has been made to present a wealth of information in a concise way, which is suitable for both educational and leisurely reading.

The "Beer Brewing Made Easy with Recipes" Boxed Set contains three (3) titles:

Book 1: The Guide to Great Beer Brewing: Basic Beer Making Tips.
Book 2: The Beginner's Guide to Beer Brewing: The Fundamentals Of Beer Brewing.
Book 3: Beer Brewing Recipes: Beer Brewing For Beginners.

The Homebrewer's Guide To Lambic Beer: History & How to Brew Lambic BeerPublication Date: September 24, 2014
Discover The World of Lambic Beer and Learn How You Can Brew Your Own At Home

You’re about to discover how Lambic beer came to be, what makes it so special, and why true Lambic beer can only be made in Belgium. But you thought I just promised that I would teach you how to make it at home? Yes, I do teach you how to brew Lambic-esque beer right in the comfort of your own home. It will taste and look the same (of course a lot depends on your brewing skills) as the real thing.

If you know anything about champagne, you know that champagne can only come from a specific area of France. But this doesn't mean people all over the world aren't making sparkling wine that is essentially the same thing! It's the same story for Lambic beers. Go ahead and download so that we can get down to the nitty gritty... See you on the inside!
Here Is A Preview Of What You'll Learn...

What is Lambic beer
What are the different types of lambics
How to pair your lambic with food
How to brew your own at home
Recipes for plain and fruit lambics
What at the best commercial lambic brews
Much, much more!
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

Thanks Rick, good stuff! How do you find the free stuff? Just by paying attention?
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Some on Fatwallet. Or you can go on Amazon's site, find the 100 top free books, then type in "Beer". I don't look often.

Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone

DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

Thanks Rick. Found them yesterday and they have some good stuff. Grabbed a slew of slow cooker recipe books with the cold weather coming in and me running out of time. Can't beat free, and if they are junk the delete button doesnt take much work.