Needs more time

Recipes based in Mr. Beer extracts and refills.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

JohnSant
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Needs more time

Post by JohnSant »

After two weeks in bottles could not wait any longer got a bottle from each of my last brews and placed in the fridge and gave them a try last night. Here is the results of both LBK'S brewed at same time:

Uncle Monkey Dunkel; Fermentation at 53 deg. F. 3 weeks in igloo cooler with ice packs held at about 53-54 deg. F. Bottled with 5/8 tsp of table sugar, placed in fridge after 2 weeks conditioning for 2 days.
Results noted; Carbonation good sight head on top, color was a nice dark malty color, has a hint of floral to it (1/2 oz of liberty hops added after adding malt extract), has a noticeable heavy bitter taste may condition out to mild after more time.

Howling Red Ale; same times as above. fermentation temp 68-72 deg. F in rubbermaid tub next to cooling vent all other condition the same as above.
Results noted; Carbonation good slight ring around glass bubbles rising from bottom of glass, color amber was very clear could see through beer and glass hint of citrus ( 1/2 oz. of cascade hops), taste mid bitter fairly dry.

I hope after more conditioning that these beers will come into their own and give me many more
glasses to come. I know that I did drink them to soon, but I had to try my first brews, by the way they were the last bottles from each LBK and I did tip the keg to get the last dregs from them and they still came out clear, I guess there is something about cold crashing.

Imust give the Borg a very well deserved Thank you for your help on my first 2 batches they may not not be the best but its beer its mine and I can drink them. :clink:
dbrowning
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Needs more time

Post by dbrowning »

Congratulations
Good Start
They will get better from here
YOU ARE ADDICTED
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Congrats! You made beer! Making beer is awesome!

Another week or two and you will probably find that everything has blended better and will be a happy man. And then you will want to make a lot more beer!
Bluejaye
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Bluejaye »

Congrats. Waiting the first time is understandably hard.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Very nice my friend....as already said...they will be much better in another week or three.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

Congrats on the beer!

:cool:
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

:clink: Congratulations, you've made beer :clink:
Like everyone else has said, another week or two or three at room temp and a few days in the fridge will make a big difference.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Ibasterd
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Ibasterd »

Congrats! Waiting is the hard part. Building a pipeline will help (a little).
What is best in life?" "To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"
JohnSant
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by JohnSant »

Working on that pipe line two LBK's in fermentation and a 5 gal. kit waiting to be divided between two LBK's. I'm also starting to look for my new brew. Even came up with a name for my home brewery (Frogass Green Brewery). I know you don't get the name, but if you were around during my initiation to E-7 (CPO) in the Navy you would understand. I think I'll continue to look at my LHBS for my kits and get use to steeping grains, adding hops and using different yeast for the second LBK.

Also on the MR BEER sight looks as if they are rolling out new kits with Coopers. Have a new President (Rick Zich). and the sight is starting to have more depth to it now. :flag: