Go Blue

Wisconsin | Illinois | Indiana | Michigan | Ohio

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Go Blue

Post by DaYooper »

Well, hard to believe that tailgating season is about to start. If I can get the whole kegging schedule stabilized hope to be bringing some homebrew to the game which means I will need to get one of those little CO2 dispensers. So, if anyone will be hanging out feel free to stop by - we will be there every home game. However, have no idea how we are going to get all the stuffs out there now that we have dumped the Expedition in "favor" of a Fusion....
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Go Blue

Post by RickBeer »

We got tickets to three games - Minnesota, Penn State and Indiana. Will be tailgating at least Penn State, might look you up.

Brandon ticked off so many students that they offered to students a pair for $40 each ticket to all games except Appalachian State was $20. We grabbed those. Our youngest will be a grad student this year.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
Wings_Fan_In_KC
Wings_KC
Wings_KC

Post by Wings_Fan_In_KC »

Where the hell did the other Michigan topics go?
I'm A Friggin' Hop Grenade !!
Crazy Dog Brewing
22.50 Gallons Brewed in 2014

Jan 6th: HCCD Mod II
Jan 27th: Diablo IPA Mod
Feb 18th: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod II
Mar 13th: Witty Monk Witbier Mod II
Moved in June disupting my brewing and pipeline
July 19th: OVL Mod II
Late Aug: Bewitched Amber Ale Mod
Oct: High Country Canadian Mod III
Nov: St Pat's Irish Stout/Vanilla Porter Mod
Dec: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod III
Wings_Fan_In_KC
Wings_KC
Wings_KC

Post by Wings_Fan_In_KC »

Ok, shut up. I found them.
I'm A Friggin' Hop Grenade !!
Crazy Dog Brewing
22.50 Gallons Brewed in 2014

Jan 6th: HCCD Mod II
Jan 27th: Diablo IPA Mod
Feb 18th: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod II
Mar 13th: Witty Monk Witbier Mod II
Moved in June disupting my brewing and pipeline
July 19th: OVL Mod II
Late Aug: Bewitched Amber Ale Mod
Oct: High Country Canadian Mod III
Nov: St Pat's Irish Stout/Vanilla Porter Mod
Dec: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod III
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Here is what I put together for a portable keg cooler I've used at the campgrounds this summer and will be using for tailgating at Browns games.
My finger tips are burning typing on this thread though! :evil:
Without a QB can't talk any smack though!
:(
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (35.84 KiB) Viewed 2682 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (190.3 KiB) Viewed 2682 times
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

Rick, we camp at the golf course right across from the stadium. The attendants have learned long ago not to mess with my wife so we pretty much have our spot reserved next to the road all the way in back. We will be the ones with the UofM flag. :)

Steve, that is pretty slick! I may have to think about doing just that. The problem I am seeing is that with having season tickets, there is little time to brew and I see a keg getting easily kicked at each game. However, my LHBS is having a special on 3 gallon cornies - 4 for $125. May need to see if I can talk them into selling me two for quick and easy MrB (or whatever) extract batches. I already have the small cartridge CO2 pusher.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

Oh, and in case anyone decides to wander by, I will most likely be at one side or the other of this table:
Battleshots.jpg
Battleshots.jpg (194.28 KiB) Viewed 2670 times
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

I will only play if there is beer in every cup, I don't do hard liquor (I prefer beer). And no crappy beer.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

DaYooper wrote:
Steve, that is pretty slick! I may have to think about doing just that. The problem I am seeing is that with having season tickets, there is little time to brew and I see a keg getting easily kicked at each game.
I nipped that kind of quick. I brewed a 12 gallon batch of what I will be serving at the first 4 home games anyway. I have a 1/2 barrel commercial keg and will do keg transfer to the cornie. With Browns season tickets my Sunday brewing takes a hit, but Saturdays open up for me the first week of October when the campground closes for the season.
:clink:
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

RickBeer wrote:I will only play if there is beer in every cup, I don't do hard liquor (I prefer beer). And no crappy beer.
Usually it is played with crappy beer. There is a small handful of people who like the good stuff, rest couldnt care and just slam it down (it is a UofM game after all lol). The good thing is that the game takes awhile to play so there actually is time to enjoy the good ones. The wife, oldest stepson, and myself are really the only true snobs although sometimes our "adopted son" comes out of the woodwork to play.
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

Dawg LB Steve wrote:I nipped that kind of quick. I brewed a 12 gallon batch of what I will be serving at the first 4 home games anyway. I have a 1/2 barrel commercial keg and will do keg transfer to the cornie. With Browns season tickets my Sunday brewing takes a hit, but Saturdays open up for me the first week of October when the campground closes for the season.
:clink:
One thing pro football has over college is a better managed weekend. My Saturdays are killed with season tickets and Sundays turn into recovery (or Packer watchin') days, so any time there is a home game my weekends are shot. Wish I had the forethought to brew ahead like you did, but sumtimes I aint that smart.