Mr. Beer Fall Seasonal released

Recipes based in Mr. Beer extracts and refills.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Crazy Climber
Brew Master
Brew Master

Mr. Beer Fall Seasonal released

Post by Crazy Climber »

It's an ESB.

For those so inclined:

http://www.mrbeer.com/esb-2014-autumn-seasonal

My take: I'd consider it, for a quick pipeline-filler. But at $25 plus $8 shipping, ouch.
Crazy Climber:
I'm not particularly crazy (IMO), and I don't rock-climb. It's just the name of a video game I used to like to play, back in the 80's.
Beer-lord

Re: Mr. Beer Fall Seasonal released

Post by Beer-lord »

Their seasonals were always their best product but I'm done with Mr. Beer.
For $25 or a bit more, I can brew 5 gallons of beer that I pretty much control.
For those who want the ease and speed, I suggest giving this a try.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: Mr. Beer Fall Seasonal released

Post by mashani »

I will just wait until it or the seasonal 4 pack goes on sale @25% off, and then if I have a 20% off coupon at the time, apply that. Every Mr. Beer refill on my shelf is a seasonal, and all of them were gotten in that manner. I even gotten a 4 pack like that for 55% off with a survey coupon stacking on top. When I get them for $12-$13 each including a $4-5 buck pack of good yeast and some sanitizer - so 8-9 bucks for 3.75# of extract - then I find it cost effective.

I think I have 6 cans of the stuff here that I got for $12-$13. So I have plenty to hold me over until there is a sale.

I then just use them as a base malt for easy mode 5 gallon batches. They tend to be over bittered for the style, because Coopers Mr. Beer seems to think Americans only like fooking bitter beer. But it works out for me since then I don't have to spend time with a bittering boil. Makes for a quick 5 gallon brew day where I can just do a 20 minute boil or less if I just steep/add some dme/lme and go with flavor/aroma additions and use high AA hops for flavor addition/hop stand if I want more bitterness. I've always made good beer by doing this, just logically applying the style/ibu's. Drinking one of those right now - the one I called Séance Meridian. It's tasty.

It's how I make $20-$25 5 gallon batches in 1 hour. I love to Mash or PM, but don't have time to do it all the time, and I don't like my pipeline to get dry.