Blackduck's 4 Point Ale

Provide a review, whether it's from another Borg member or a commercial beer that you really like, this is the place to share! Cheers!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

Blackduck's 4 Point Ale

Post by Beer-lord »

I'm a lucky guy. Last year I got to try Blackduck's first try at 4 Point Ale. A few months ago, he sent me 2 of these (1 by accident) so I deliberately kept one for a long time. I 'm so glad I had an extra one of these. I can't recall all the info I gave on the last one but this one is so good looking and perfectly carbed, that I couldn't wait to taste it.

The carb was perfect thought the aroma was almost gone. It had a great head and kept the lacing throughout the finishing tastes. Great legs!!!!!
This had a semi-spicy front end and back end taste. This is as tasty and great summer time beer! The flavors yell at you though no one thing stands out. This would be a great house ale to keep year around. I can't see how anyone could knock this beer in any way. It may be a simple tasting beer but it's very enjoyable and one that I could drink one after the other.
It sat in the fridge for well over a month and it's crystal clear and other than the lack of aroma, could win awards in many states.
What a way to finish a good beer day.
Chris, thanks for the accidental double dip.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (314.7 KiB) Viewed 380 times
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
BlackDuck

Re: Blackduck's 4 Point Ale

Post by BlackDuck »

Thanks for the kind words Paul. Glad you enjoyed them. That is one of my favorites too, in fact, it has become my house pale ale. I'm not sure what happened to the aroma on this batch. Mine were a little light too. I just finished one of my Saison's....but I think I'm going to refill with the Four Point, becuase that is a good looking glass you got there!!!
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

BlackDuck wrote:Thanks for the kind words Paul. Glad you enjoyed them. That is one of my favorites too, in fact, it has become my house pale ale. I'm not sure what happened to the aroma on this batch. Mine were a little light too. I just finished one of my Saison's....but I think I'm going to refill with the Four Point, becuase that is a good looking glass you got there!!!
Everything tastes better in that glass but your beer was very worthy.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

The great thing is that I've had that beer and know exactly what you mean - it's great. Again, it's like sitting down and sharing a beer with friends to know that a few of us have been drinking this one.

I had mine fresh so there were no aroma 'issues' and I think I mentioned the first time I had this that I would gladly order this when out. It makes a great house beer but would be well received in a commercial setting.

Cheers guys.