Patriot Lager Gone?

Recipes based in Mr. Beer extracts and refills.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

RandyG
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Patriot Lager Gone?

Post by RandyG »

Hey fellow Borgers, does anyone know why Patriot Lager is no longer on Mr. Beer's product line? I know they had a 2fer or 3fer sale alittle while back,but I looked at their site and the refill is no longer offered,and all the recipes including it are out of stock. I messaged Mr. Beer on FB and his answer was," Long story,We will have a replacement in 2 to 3 months"! WTF,not a conclusive answer. Was just wondering if anyone here had any info or logical reasons why you think it was DXed. Puzzles the sh*t outa me.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: Patriot Lager Gone?

Post by mashani »

Maybe Sam Adams made them cease and desist LOL.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

If I had to guess I'd say because it was nowhere near what it was supposed to be. I'm guessing they got a lot of negative feedback on it. I was a beta tester on it and remember it being weak and flavorless.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Kealia wrote:If I had to guess I'd say because it was nowhere near what it was supposed to be. I'm guessing they got a lot of negative feedback on it. I was a beta tester on it and remember it being weak and flavorless.
Yeah it is. Although I do have to say the "Punked Patriot" I made with it as a base is really good. But I used 2 cans of it (2-1 sale + coupon made it worth it) and added 1 full ounce of Citra as a hop stand and fermented it with Nottingham at low temps. So it's like an IPL almost and very tasty.

So it was a good "base" to build on I guess.
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

Basically because they are idiots. With the 2-1 sale they ran out, and rather than list as "out of stock" they decided to remove it completely. Once again they seem all intent on killing themselves off.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

mashani wrote:Maybe Sam Adams made them cease and desist LOL.
Actually, on the Mr. Beer forum that is exactly the story they are given but stated they were asked nicely. They said it would return but under another name. Rather than be pissy I would think Sam Adams would have been a bit flattered, although they really didnt taste anything alike.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
RandyG
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by RandyG »

Well, I'll be JoeDawged, If I would have looked alittle closer at the Mr. Beer site with the forums,I'd have had the answer to my question.Oh well, sh*t like that happens every day to me. :lol:
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

I actually am drinking one of the straight up Patriot Lager that I did as a lager with W-34/70 yeast. It ain't half bad. No head (probably should have steeped some cara, but wanted a quick "brew" day), but it's more flavorful than I expected/remembered. Will likely sit on the rest of them for a month or so, but pleasantly surprised. yeah, they really should rename it though. It's a laughable attempt at Boston Lager if that's what they were going for.
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...