Mr Beer Blowout Gameplan

Recipes based in Mr. Beer extracts and refills.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

ssorck
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Mr Beer Blowout Gameplan

Post by ssorck »

@ T8rSalad - Here is my crack at a Lenny Berry Weiss clone. For the record I never used any of the old Mr. Beers, just tried to get close to the 4.9% and 13.5 IBU's to match.

Adeed the DME b/c Lenny says there is some Caramel & Munich in it...

Mr Beer Berry Weiss
-------------------
Brewer: Ssorck
Style: Generic Ale
Batch: 2.50 galExtract

Characteristics
---------------
Recipe Gravity: 1.052 OG
Recipe Bitterness: 13 IBU
Recipe Color: 5° SRM
Estimated FG: 1.013
Alcohol by Volume: 5.1%
Alcohol by Weight: 4.0%

Ingredients
-----------
Mr. Beer Whispering Wheat Weizenbier 1.21 lb, Extract
Mr. Beer Booster 0.81 lb, Sugar
Briess DME - Sparkling Amber 0.50 lb, Extract
Honey (1/2 cup) 0.38 lb, Sugar
Oregon Fruit - Blackberries 1 can 1.00 lb, Adjunct
Lactose 0.25 lb, Sugar

Mr. Beer Whispering Wheat Weizenbier 1.00 oz, Pellet, 5 minutes

Carlsons Blackberry Extract 2.00 unit, Other, 2 oz. at bottling

Wyeast 3068 - Weihenstephan Weizen™ 1.00 unit, Yeast
T8rSalad
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by T8rSalad »

Wowsers...thanks Ssorck. Just what the doctor, er daughter ordered. Sounds simple enough. When did you put the can of Blackberries and Lactose in? before the yeast or did you wait a week or two? We figured it needed Lactose but wasn't sure what fruit to use.

How did it turn out? were you pleased, under-whelmed or overwhelmed? I did a Blueberry Thrill and was underwhelmed but I added 3 cans of blueberries before pitching the yeast so it really fermented out all the sugars with little flavor left behind.

:thanks: & :cheers: for your response!!!
L8r T8r

Fermenting: Quiet Kreek Kolsch Deaux, First Pitch Pilsner Ale Trois

Conditioning: Nut Brown Vienna Lager Ale, PilotHouse Pilsner, Johnny Silk's ESB 4th gen, Blue Moon Clone Trois, Fallen Friar Deaux, Arizona Country Canadian Draft Deaux

Drinking & Sharing: Rose's Rambling Red, Blue Moon Deaux, Ruck & Maul Red, American Devil Indian Pale Ale, Quiet Creek Kolsch, Northwest Pale Ale, Golden Czech Pils, Beach Babe Blonde, Grand Bohemian Czech Pils Trois, Diablo IPA+, Columbus Cascading Amber Ale, High Country Gold Lager Ale,
ssorck
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by ssorck »

T8rSalad wrote:Wowsers...thanks Ssorck. Just what the doctor, er daughter ordered. Sounds simple enough. When did you put the can of Blackberries and Lactose in? before the yeast or did you wait a week or two? We figured it needed Lactose but wasn't sure what fruit to use.

How did it turn out? were you pleased, under-whelmed or overwhelmed? I did a Blueberry Thrill and was underwhelmed but I added 3 cans of blueberries before pitching the yeast so it really fermented out all the sugars with little flavor left behind.

:thanks: & :cheers: for your response!!!
I've never actually brewed this - just slapped it together as what I think would work - though I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. I figure I'd throw the lactose in the boil, the fruit pureed after fermentation dies down a bit. I do think the flavor from the fruit will be scrubbed out which would be why I'd add the extract on the back end. I kind of figure the fruit more for adding color...