The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Re: The No Post Post

Post by Yankeedag »

Imma just go ahead and brew...heating up the grain water now. :borg:
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

This is exactly why I would like another fermenter. I have a lager going and don't want to seconday, but have enough stuff to do two more ales. I guess I can wait another couple weeks and then keg and lager that way. I have 3 5 gal, fermenters too but not going to do it. I would like another Ss brewtech 7 gal. but how much would I use it and now a lot more money then when bought the one I have.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Crazy Climber
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Crazy Climber »

This little fella is scheduled to show up tomorrow.
https://www.northernbrewer.com/products ... 0305996844

I want to get back to 1-gallon "experimental" brews of stuff for which I might not want to have to drink a whole 3-5 gallons. First up, a rauchbier, hoping to knock that out on the stovetop this weekend. A good firepit beer this winter.
Crazy Climber:
I'm not particularly crazy (IMO), and I don't rock-climb. It's just the name of a video game I used to like to play, back in the 80's.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I celebrated turning 64 by taking a shorter than usual swim.

During the week, I swim 50s and hundreds, usually trying to get in about 1500 yards in total, and trying to get my average time below 1:35/100 yards.

I had signed up for a running clinic today, though, and my running needs more help, so I only swam 1000 yards. But my average pace was just under 1:30/100 yards (14:59 for the 1000 yards). That's probably my fastest average pace since I got back into swimming. Definitely my fastest pace since getting back into the pool post covid.

The running clinic was run by Lora Heyl Erickson​​ (aka the blonde runner) and was well worth it. Especially since I won a free dinner for 2 at Texas Roadhouse in the drawing at the end of the clinic.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I'm not too far behind you! I've ramped up my exercise routine more than 10 years ago though there are spouts where I didn't feel comfy in the gym with Covid rampant. I've taken to much longer and more frequent power walks and harder gym workouts. I know that at my age, I won't be able to do all of this forever but I am sure hopeful it'll keep me vertical much longer.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Well, since we are talking about exercise, I didn't run or bike or swim, but I did go out and Nordic Ski ~15k today. Usually I stay upright, but today I wrecked twice due to ice hiding under the snow. So I'm a wee bit sore now. Time for beer.
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Bought a recumbent trike and have been riding that. Working on extending my range. Wouldn’t mind working up to a sponsorship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

mashani wrote:Well, since we are talking about exercise, I didn't run or bike or swim, but I did go out and Nordic Ski ~15k today. Usually I stay upright, but today I wrecked twice due to ice hiding under the snow. So I'm a wee bit sore now. Time for beer.
I have a Nordic Trak that I bought in 1993 and this week, I used it again since I'm still waiting for the Rona to go down before going back to the gym. It was there basic ski model and other than the time and mileage meter not working (and some dust) it works perfectly fine. I think back then I probably paid almost $400 for it and that was a ton of money back then. I used the frack out of it for about 8 years then joined the gym. I have used it on and off over the years but not regularly, only when I didn't feel like going to the gym. I think I got my money out of it and should donate it to the Smithsonian.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I really never have done much of a exercise program except in my younger years when raced Motocross. My regular job and my farm were both quite physical and kept me in pretty good shape. After I retired I got a treadmill and a stair climber which use atleast 3 times a week, but gott'a take a break from it now for a little while as I can hardy walk today. Coming back down from my barn on my glare ice down hill driveway yesterday I wiped out and piled up in the snow. I really thought I broke my left ankle as I didn't know I was flexible enough to have my foot pointing behind me while setting on my leg and the pain was instant. Well it is not broke, I can some what walk on it. if I couldn't have walked on it then would have went to the hospital. Think it will take a little while to be back to normal, at 64 takes me a little longer then it use too.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Ouch! Sorry that happened to you. I hope you heal up much faster than you think.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Beer-lord wrote:Ouch! Sorry that happened to you. I hope you heal up much faster than you think.
You are right, I am getting along better now then I thought I would. Had a setback Sat. when I let one of my fat dogs out and she blasted me in my sore leg and pushed it sideways. Nothing is broke but a bad sprain. Feels like a charley horse that doesn't go away. I been wrapping in a ace bandage and that is really helping, but this 10 deg. weather is not. A few more days to go.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Best wishes for a quick recovery berryman.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

It stinx as the older we get, the more things can hurt/damage us. Take it easy old man, let nature heal you up, have another brew!
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

FrozenInTime wrote:It stinx as the older we get, the more things can hurt/damage us. Take it easy old man, let nature heal you up, have another brew!
Actually Fit, the home brew does help on the healing process or at least makes it more bearable..... :) :borg:
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

If it wasn’t for my home brew, I couldn’t get up to get my home brew. Kinda like a catch 22…