Patriot Lager Deluxe and That Voodoo You Do

Recipes based in Mr. Beer extracts and refills.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

sf49ers

Patriot Lager Deluxe and That Voodoo You Do

Post by sf49ers »

Hello,

just purchased these 2 refills to try. The Patriot Lager Deluxe was buy 1 get 1 free and the Voodoo You Do was $19 (25% off).

has anyone ever tried either of these recipes and if so can I get your thoughts / opinions ?

The Patriot lager is for my wife. She currently is drinking the All American Gold and American Ale deluxe and enjoys them, but was willing to give the Patriot a shot.

The Voodoo is for me. I have been drinking the Bohemian Bronze, Abbey Dubbel and Bierre de Saison.

I know everyone's tastes and palettes are different, but any thoughts on these new ones we are trying would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance .. Brew on and enjoy life ..

Mike
Bluejaye
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Patriot Lager Deluxe and That Voodoo You Do

Post by Bluejaye »

I don't have any experience with the Voodoo You Do recipe.

The Patriot Lager is a mild base, you'll probably want to toss some hops in it. Any of the recipes on the Mr. Beer site would probably be a good starting point. If your wife likes the All American Gold, then maybe throw some of the same Mt. Hood into one of the Patriots, I think she'll like it better than the CAL based version.

I liked the Dad's Favorite Cream Ale recipe, so you can always just throw some honey into one of them, too.

I bought the 2 for 1 deal, myself. I plan on trying out different yeasts using them to see/taste the differences. Probably going to use Liberty hops or Saaz.
monsteroyd
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by monsteroyd »

Don't know about the voodoo one, but Patriot 'Lager' is my favorite MB HME. But I add a lb of extra malt to it, and maybe a little honey (4 oz). And I do it as an ALE (which is what the yeast etc is so why they call it Lager I don't know) Also, I usually add a pack of s-33 to the yeast under the lid. I call mine Patriot Ale.

Monty
pghFred

Post by pghFred »

I also picked up the 2-fer-1 Patriot Delux and 2 of the Voodoos. With them being on sale and MrB sending me a 20% off code, I paid $40 and change for 4 cases of homebrew. Nice score if I do say so myself.

I previously did the Voodoo, but added an oz of Citra and 8oz Lt. DME so I couldn’t tell you how the recipe is ‘as-is’. But the beer I made from the Voodoo was SO good that I ordered 2 and will be making a 5gal version with the 2 ordered!!

This will be my first go-around with the Pat Lager. I might do one pretty much as is with maybe a small hop addition. I will experiment with the other but haven’t thought that far ahead to know what I’ll make.

Happy Brewing!
BeerRust
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by BeerRust »

I also purchased the 2fur. If you go to the recipe section ofMR B, you can sort through by HME. This will give you some ideas on where you can go with the recipe.