Message Folder question

The information and announcements you need to know about the BeerBorg community.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Message Folder question

Post by Brewbirds »

Okay I've made no secret of the fact that I'm not very tech-literate.

Can someone take pity on me and explain what to do when the private message folders are full please?

I cannot find a delete button. I did switch a button to "Delete older messages" but that didn't seem to work.
Sibling Brewers
Beer-lord

Re: Message Folder question

Post by Beer-lord »

Go into your user control area and click on the 'Rules, Folders and Settings' tab. Under Folder Options you'll see a blank space where you can name your new folder. Give it a name like 'old' and click Add. The new folder is added. You can have as many folders as you like.
Then go into your messages and go back to the older ones you want to keep and click on each one you want to keep. At the bottom of the page there are 2 drill down choices (to the bottom left). Choose the one that allows you to move to your newly named folder.
Of course, you can always delete messages for good but I like to save some messages in case I need to get info from them later.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

Beer-lord wrote:Go into your user control area and click on the 'Rules, Folders and Settings' tab. Under Folder Options you'll see a blank space where you can name your new folder. Give it a name like 'old' and click Add. The new folder is added. You can have as many folders as you like.
Then go into your messages and go back to the older ones you want to keep and click on each one you want to keep. At the bottom of the page there are 2 drill down choices (to the bottom left). Choose the one that allows you to move to your newly named folder.
Of course, you can always delete messages for good but I like to save some messages in case I need to get info from them later.
Thanks Beer-Lord. I could see how to delete them when I looked.
There is a square button to the far right of each one but I don't see what it is for. Is that the delete?
I'll try to make another folder.
Sibling Brewers
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Yes, to the right of each message is a box that you can check. Check all the boxes you want to delete or move then make the choice at the bottom left. In order to move the messages to a new folder, you will need to first create the folder like I mentioned in my earlier post. If and when the extra folders fill up, you can create more as time goes on.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

Got it. Thanks again.

Has anyone told you that you're a great moderator lately?
Sibling Brewers
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

:urock: Thanks, but I don't actually do anything. It's all make believe. :cool:
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops