A Mr. Beer Re-Brew

Recipes based in Mr. Beer extracts and refills.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

RandyG
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

A Mr. Beer Re-Brew

Post by RandyG »

Hi Brewers, I'm usually brewing home concocted recipes,that usually turn out pretty good. Here is one I really liked from last spring and am gonna do again this spring. I called it "Island Girl Ale" and I had a beautiful scantily clad woman on the label. Here is the recipe for anyone to use. I didn't plug it into any brew program so I'm not sure of the ABV and IBU's etc.,but it was a nice summerzy beer.
1X Mr. Beer Patriot Lager
1 lb. Xtra Lt. DME
1/2 oz.Centenial Hops @ 20 min
1/4 oz Centenial Hops @ 10 mins
1/4 oz Centenial Hops @ flameout.
At 14 days into fermentation, I poured 2X .50ml (little airline sized) bottles of Coconut flavored Rum,and 1X .50ml bottle of Capt. Morgan's spiced rum into the fermenter via the airlock.At 1st pour it was malty and had alittle spiciness to it. After another month it had blossomed into a vivacious,spicy,malty,yet just enough hop presence to make the brew de-lish.That's why I'm gonna revisit this recipe again this spring. I may even get one of my old Mr. Beer 6.5 gal fermenters out and make a double batch.
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: A Mr. Beer Re-Brew

Post by John Sand »

Pretty cool Randy. When I made Northern Brewer's Holiday Red, I added a cinnamon stick. But I considered rum soaking it first, and adding the rum. Maybe I'll put a touch of rum in the glass next time I drink it. Thanks for the report.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.