Old MB Blueberry Thrill

Recipes based in Mr. Beer extracts and refills.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

T8rSalad
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Old MB Blueberry Thrill

Post by T8rSalad »

Anyone ever do this recipe? I have a bunch of WWW cans and want to start brewing wheat beers as my Blue Moon clone I did early this year was wonderful after long term conditioning. Very pleased with how BM clone turned out...I forget who on old borg gave me the recipe but used 1 can WWW, 1 pound wheat DME, coriander seeds and fresh orange zest...maw-va-lous homebrew I must say. SO shout-out to whomever it was!!!

:thanks: :urock: :urock: :urock: :thanks:

this Blueberry Thrill calls for:

2 cans WWW
2 cans Oregon Fruits - Blueberries (I am gonna use 3 cans) massive explosion awaiting
2 yeast packets will probably use a minimum of three 2 oz sachets Old MB or 1 plus of the new 5 oz sachets

What say y'all???
L8r T8r

Fermenting: Quiet Kreek Kolsch Deaux, First Pitch Pilsner Ale Trois

Conditioning: Nut Brown Vienna Lager Ale, PilotHouse Pilsner, Johnny Silk's ESB 4th gen, Blue Moon Clone Trois, Fallen Friar Deaux, Arizona Country Canadian Draft Deaux

Drinking & Sharing: Rose's Rambling Red, Blue Moon Deaux, Ruck & Maul Red, American Devil Indian Pale Ale, Quiet Creek Kolsch, Northwest Pale Ale, Golden Czech Pils, Beach Babe Blonde, Grand Bohemian Czech Pils Trois, Diablo IPA+, Columbus Cascading Amber Ale, High Country Gold Lager Ale,
rickbray66
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Re: Old MB Blueberry Thrill

Post by rickbray66 »

Hey T8r. I just now saw this post. Not sure if you've already brewed this up. If not, when you brew, I'd suggest adding the cans of blueberries in cycles -- 1 can on brew day, 2nd can a week later and then the 3rd can a week after that. This should help minimize the chance of overflow and potentially give you a little better flavor as well. Tilt your LBK so that the trub collects away from the spigot. With 3 cans, you might get quite a bit of trub. As you mentioned, if you use the 2oz yeast packets, go with at least 3 packets. 4 more even be better if the yeast is a couple of years old.

While I haven't done this recipe, I did brew up the "Blue Patriot", which used 2 cans of blueberries. I split the can additions as I mentioned and used 1 of the newer 5oz yeast packets. Turned out pretty good.

Good luck!!

Rick