What are you drinking?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by mashani »

swenocha wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:42 pm Yazoo's appropriately named local ingredient ('local') 90 calorie ('lo-cal'), 4 carb saison. Brewed with Golden Promise malt, wheat, rye and hopped with Saaz and Citra (all grown in Nashville), as well as local yeast harvested by Bootleg Biology. I can't get enough of this stuff... so much flavor packed in such a low calorie package.

Oooh, I would love this.
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Finally a first pour of the cherrywood smoked saison made with BBETF yeast. Ended up at 0.998, so a touch over 6% abv (was shooting for 5-something, so that will play). Smoke, a bit of funk, and some piney hops predominate. I'm really liking this one...

Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

That sounds crazy - there's a lot going on in that description. Enjoy!
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Most of my homebrews could carry that label.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

swenocha wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:57 pm Finally a first pour of the cherrywood smoked saison made with BBETF yeast. Ended up at 0.998, so a touch over 6% abv (was shooting for 5-something, so that will play). Smoke, a bit of funk, and some piney hops predominate. I'm really liking this one...

That sure looks interesting and very drinkable. I am drinking a farmhouse Saison tonight.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I'm trying to imagine what saison with that level of smoke that is that dry would taste like and I am ... clueless LOL... I've used a pound of oak smoked wheat in one and that was great, but your smoked malt was more seriously smokey and in much larger quantities.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I got back from Milwaukee last night. It started when I qualified for the age group national championships and used that as an excuse to visit my brother. Then he decided that since I was coming into town, maybe others would want to come and decided to have a family gathering on short notice (not like a planned reunion). I couldn't compete (doctors orders) but carpooled there with my brother who recently moved to Idaho. He drove and paid for gas and I got hotels (on points, but he was fine with that). There's apparently a brewery in Wisconsin that doesn't ship out of state (New Glarus).

We stopped at a brewery in Omaha for lunch an the way back. Then met some friends of his at a little place in Salt Lake for dinner.

I was going to attach some pictures, but they're several MB each and the size limit seems to be 256 kb.

I'm sure I've uploaded larger images before. Can somebody remind me how to do that?
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I've always just shrunk my images in a paint program and uploaded the shrunken ones. But I think if you host them at a URL somewhere then you can use the image tag (click image in full editor) and put the URL inside it.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

Thanks. I probably did one of those before and just forgot.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I find a resize app on my phone. The last time I used it was to resize a photo of a heady topper, so I guess I figured it out then.

Apparently, New Glarus is only available in Wisconsin. My brother stocked the fridge with that (along other beers).

I also bought a couple of sixers of beers I've never seen before.

My brother from Idaho drove here, then we drove to Milwaukee for the gathering and drive back. We didn't take any breaks on the way there, but stopped in Omaha on the way back for lunch and met some friends of his in SLC for dinner.

I try to get local beers I haven't had before when traveling.
New Glarus. I also bought an IPA in a bottle but didn't get a Pic.
New Glarus. I also bought an IPA in a bottle but didn't get a Pic.
newglarus.jpg (98.71 KiB) Viewed 31194 times
Another Wisconsin beer
Another Wisconsin beer
bigtime.jpg (99.34 KiB) Viewed 31194 times
A Wisconsin beer
A Wisconsin beer
foggygeezer.jpg (99.9 KiB) Viewed 31194 times
I think this was brewed at the new pub in Omaha. I bought a crowler for the hotel.
I think this was brewed at the new pub in Omaha. I bought a crowler for the hotel.
slipstream.jpg (99.76 KiB) Viewed 31194 times
This sign was near the door of the brew pub in Omaha
This sign was near the door of the brew pub in Omaha
sign in brewpub.jpg (97.5 KiB) Viewed 31194 times
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

This is a Utah beer, but one I hadn't seen before
This is a Utah beer, but one I hadn't seen before
kiito.jpg (98.97 KiB) Viewed 31194 times
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I probably took this picture in Wisconsin since bringing beer into Utah isn't allowed and New Glarus is only available in Wisconsin.
Scream IIPA
Scream IIPA
newglarusiipa.jpg (98.9 KiB) Viewed 31194 times
Attachments
newglarusiipa.jpg
newglarusiipa.jpg (98.9 KiB) Viewed 31194 times
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

A friend of mine has friends up there in Wisconsin. When they come to see him or he goes up there, they usually bring a case of assorted New Glarus. Pretty good beer.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I'm drinking that Hopped Session Braggot that I made by the seat of my pants. At first I thought I didn't like it when it was right out of the fridge cold. 'Twas bitter but not in a not in a "good hop bitter" way.

But I let it warm up a good bit. 50ish degrees or > and this is actually quite good. There is a lot of the "good" honey vibe that comes through after it warms up, that bitterness just acts more as a balance to the sweetness that is now coming through instead of what's in your face. It may as well be a mead in that regard, I have no idea why so much honey character is coming through unless me caramelizing some of it somehow amped that honey aroma and flavor up to 11. It has a slightly tropical undertone. It's nice to sip on when warm. It's only slightly carbed, so all that is doing is making it not seem thin. I'd do it again but tweak it a bit, some real 10L crystal or real golden naked oats would be nice in this vs. my hack attempt at making my own.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Zombie Dust Clone and Braggot. Not at all similar.
IMG_0232.jpg
IMG_0232.jpg (189.57 KiB) Viewed 31036 times