BORG NFL SURVIVOR

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: BORG NFL SURVIVOR

Post by John Sand »

You are the Champion!
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

Well I got the whole Denver defense thing wrong since Blount was in for like two whole plays. :blink:

Do you think Seattle can beat them (not counting what the weather might be like)?
Sibling Brewers
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Should be an interesting game... two stoner states going at it.
Dude, we have the Ball
What
we have the...wait, I know this...snacks, yeah, got any?
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

I like Dag's take on it. Everyone takes a hit on turnovers. Not us, them.
I thought Seattle would win, and kind of wished they would. But yesterday was sloppy and a bit nasty. And I like Peyton. Hoping for a great game.
Never mind, there it is.
mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

I can't believe how SF got screwed on the fumble play at the goaline. On replay it was clear...
Anyway, it was sad how Seattles corner interviewed after the game. So much for love or the game..OK that went away decades ago, love of money isn't enough... now you DEMAND respect, belittle, and act like a thug after winning. So sad. Glad it is not the norm... what a (fill in the blank) What a way to sour an otherwise exciting game for the fans.
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

mtsoxfan wrote:I can't believe how SF got screwed on the fumble play at the goaline. On replay it was clear...
Anyway, it was sad how Seattles corner interviewed after the game. So much for love or the game..OK that went away decades ago, love of money isn't enough... now you DEMAND respect, belittle, and act like a thug after winning. So sad. Glad it is not the norm... what a (fill in the blank) What a way to sour an otherwise exciting game for the fans.
I have to say that officiating was giving me fits when trying to play this game; I hope that something gets resolved in the off season so that bad/non calls don't change the results as bad as it seems to have this season.

BB2 and I were talking about the now infamous rant today and I don't know how to judge it for a couple of reasons; first is in the Panthers game they were pretty un-sportsman to the Seahawks
I thought as I watched and second the media hyped that game as an "they don't like each other" rivalry right up to game time. So while I know the guys ego was up there I also wonder if the intensity of the whole thing wasn't inflamed by the media.

I'm not defending any of the diva/thug/loudmouth stuff that some players through the years have annoyed us with but it does seem like media plays a role in encouraging it.
Sibling Brewers
mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

Agreed BB. I heard that comment several times in the playoffs. Thing is, many teams play their rivals with more class...
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Not that it matters what I think, I believe that Referees should be screened before they get to be referees...
Interviewer's Question: Do you like this sport that you are about to learn to referee?
Answer: Yes!
Interviewer: Next.
Interviewer's Question to the next candidate: Do you like this sport that you are about to learn to referee?
Answer: I'm not really into sports and would be hard put to care less who wins, but I need a job.
Interviewer: your hired.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Good idea Dag. Votes for you as president of the NFL. (Expects tickets if you win!)
Never mind, there it is.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

mtsoxfan wrote:Agreed BB. I heard that comment several times in the playoffs. Thing is, many teams play their rivals with more class...
Agreed, look at hockey. Granted, they do allow fights but 75% of the time you're seeing these guys pat each other on the back post-fight. And the handshakes post-game (especially in the playoffs) are sincere.

I agree that we (Niners) got hosed on a couple of calls that could have changed things. For example, the "running into the kicker" versus "roughing the kicker". That isn't a subjective call, it's clear what should be called when you hit the base leg. That being said, I am also a big proponent of "put yourself in a situation where the refs CAN'T decide the game". I take some comfort in knowing that even with that bad reffing and the mistakes that we made (dropped passes and a poorly thrown (1st) interception by Kap) that we still were able to have a chance to win it at the end. That speaks to the talent on the team IMO.

Now, Sherman's comments.....it exemplifies everything that is wrong with pro sports today. Its all about "ME", and not "TEAM". There's a lack of respect for not only the other players but for what they are allowed to do. They live like kings making millions of dollars to play a game (not taking away the tremendous work it takes to get there, mind you) but they don't appreciate that it's an honor to be in that position. It sickens me.

I coach young girls volleyball and I instruct TaeKwonDo which is all about tradition, respect, discipline and honor. I'll be using this tirade to reinforce with those that I can influence, how NOT to handle yourself.

And this isn't his first time. There's videos of him talking trash to the Redskins post-game and getting hit for it. It's a pattern. I'm sure there is a RIDICULOUS amount of trash talking on the field between players. Leave it there.
mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

Seconds before I read your post, the local sportscaster had nothing but praise for the guy. He has a degree, took himself out of a bad place, tutoring kids....
He may do those things, but especially with the tutoring you have to watch what you say and do... Imagine the kids looking up to him for what he does and has accomplished, and now thinking since this "great" guy did it, it must be acceptable.