So sad...

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Re: So sad...

Post by jimjohson »

well he did say it was worse than ;)
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by joechianti »

Bluejaye wrote:That the Mr. Beer site went from the best resource I could find to discuss this hobby, to the worst. Still keeping hope alive that they'll either get it fixed up or go back to a real message board system, instead of some after-thought e-commerce hack.
Dude, you just said it perfectly. I've been biting my tongue ever since the day they announced Cooper's was buying Mr Beer. All the changes they told us were for our benefit, I always wondered if it was really for their benefit. All the attention management started giving us on the forum, I always wondered if it was out of pure love or just marketing strategy. And this new upgrade, I have no idea what to think. It can't possibly be for us, so I don't know who it's for. I even think sometimes that when some of the top people from Mr Beer branched off to form Brew Demon, that maybe they weren't the "underhanded scabs", but maybe it was the other way around. Maybe the "TRUE" Mr Beer people branched off and the ones that stuck with Coopers were the scabs. I don't know, I just wonder. I hope I'm wrong. But I do know their forum is awful nappy right now. If they ever get it working as good as before, I'll be eating a lot of crow. :mow:
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

Great to see you with us here Joe. I think we are all voicing the same sentiment that we don't want to abandon the MB site yet because it is what got us started on the obsession but whatever they are doing now is impossible to tolerate.
If it gets back up to functional we will probably all peek in and see how the new personality feels but all of us who came here are what gave it a personality.
I've been to some other sites via searches and they just are not the same; we have come together totally differently; we are a community, we care and tease and grieve and laugh and share.
There are some who have decided to go to a different site and some who have gone AWOL entirely that I will miss a lot, hopefully they will join us.
I am glad to see so many of my Borg friends here and look forward to continuing our journey together.

I LOVE YOU MANS :banana: :banana: :banana:
I sure missed my bananas.
Sibling Brewers
jivex5k
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by jivex5k »

Yeah,
I hope the Hat, and Screwy, Mashani, and Kealia all come over.
And the others I can't think of right now, but we are gaining a force here for sure.
Joe just tipped the scales so we have our resident crazy poster, so that's awesome!
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you can never be sure if they are true." - Walt Whitman
Crazy Climber
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Crazy Climber »

This place needs more.....HAT.

Crazy Climber:
I'm not particularly crazy (IMO), and I don't rock-climb. It's just the name of a video game I used to like to play, back in the 80's.
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

:fedora:

Reminds me of FD's avatar...
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build