access to brewing supplies in belize

Yes BrewDemon and Mr. Beer kits are pretty darn easy but sometime you need a little help from the Borg to get you on the right track. Post your questions here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Caretaker

access to brewing supplies in belize

Post by Caretaker »

Good morning everyone!
I am new to beer & cider brewing and after ordering several kits from Brew Demon have now racked my first cider and have a second in the fermenter working. The folks over at Brew Demon have been GREAT to work with.

I have a few expat colleagues here in Belize that are interested in home brewing and have already brought in more serious equipment for producing beer. My question is if there is a resource for ordering some common ingredients (hopps, malt extract) for shipping to Belize. Any recommendations or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and have a great Friday the 13th start to your weekend!
Caretaker
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: access to brewing supplies in belize

Post by bpgreen »

I don't have a good answer to your question, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum.

I would suggest checking with some of the US based online homebrew stores to see if they ship to Belize.

I found a FaceBook page for a homebrew store based in Belize: Monkey Town Brewing and Supply

A few US online stores:
Adventures in Homebrewing
Austin Homebrew Supply
More Beer
The Beer Nut (this one isn't one of the big ones, but is my local shop and they sell online)
Midwest Supplies (owned by ABInBev)
Northern Brewer (owned by ABInBev)
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Welcome Caretaker. I'm sorry that I don't have much to suggest. I do remember reading that malt extract is used in baking as well as brewing. Perhaps you can find a source of extract from a baking supply. While barley malt is the most common ingredient in beer, oats, wheat, corn and rice are also used, generally as an addition or adjunct to barley. There must be local sources of grain that can help. Please keep us posted on your progress and solutions. I'm very interested in hearing how you go about this.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
Bluejaye
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Bluejaye »

Welcome to the forum!

I've been toying with the idea of retiring in Belize, so I'd love to hear any updates with what you find out!
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Thanks for your replies and feedback. I will pursue your suggestions and let you know what I find out.
CHEERS!
Dean J in Belize
Caretaker
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Welcome to The Borg Caretaker. I must say I think I never heard of Belize until I watched Breaking Bad, and that is where the Lawyer Saul always suggested sending someone to get rid of them :) . A lot of very good brewers here and like to help. Keep us informed...
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Yes, welcome to the Borg. I saw your other post about your temperatures. Hope you can find a way to keep them in the 60’s. Your beer will taste a ton better.

And why send someone to Belize to get rid of them? All you need is a barrel!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

BlackDuck wrote: And why send someone to Belize to get rid of them? All you need is a barrel!!!
Ha Ha for any Breaking bad fans, I think they know that was his code word for getting rid of somebody without saying it. I doubt he had any intensions of sending anyone there. Was one of my favorite series and have it on DVD.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Thanks again for all the feedback guys! Belize is a wonderful somewhat undiscovered paradise but surely not for long! Should you find yourself in Hopkins be sure to give us a ring so we can raise a pint together - CHEERS!
Attachments
cider.2.jpg
cider.2.jpg (104.7 KiB) Viewed 1429 times