Props to Imperial Yeast

Strange little beasties, get info about different yeasts and how to use them.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

Props to Imperial Yeast

Post by Beer-lord »

I watched a live Q&A session Brulosophy had with Owen Lingley from Imperial Yeast this Saturday and it was very informative. Someone asked how he could get his LHBS to sell their yeast there and he gave out his email and said to give them the name of the LHBS and contact info and someone would reach out right away. So I did. And they did!
Today I got 2 emails letting me know they did contact my LHBS and was told it's possible things may work out that my local shop will work with them.
I think that's pretty cool that they would do this and do it so quickly.

Disclaimer: I am in no way endorsing Imperial Yeast or Brulosophy, merely sharing my experiences. I've enjoyed using yeasts from just about all the major companies as well as enjoy multiple podcasts and as home brewers, we are damn lucky we have so many options. :cool:
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: Props to Imperial Yeast

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

Beer-lord wrote:I watched a live Q&A session Brulosophy had with Owen Lingley from Imperial Yeast this Saturday and it was very informative. Someone asked how he could get his LHBS to sell their yeast there and he gave out his email and said to give them the name of the LHBS and contact info and someone would reach out right away. So I did. And they did!
Today I got 2 emails letting me know they did contact my LHBS and was told it's possible things may work out that my local shop will work with them.
I think that's pretty cool that they would do this and do it so quickly.

Disclaimer: I am in no way endorsing Imperial Yeast or Brulosophy, merely sharing my experiences. I've enjoyed using yeasts from just about all the major companies as well as enjoy multiple podcasts and as home brewers, we are damn lucky we have so many options. :cool:
Right you are. We're a long way from those little half pitch packets of dry yeast Mr. Beer had. :lol:
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Props to Imperial Yeast

Post by Kealia »

It's nice when you feel like you can have a positive impact on something - regardless of what it is. Good for you for taking the initiative to make something happen.