Solid - Gigantic Brewing (American Hoppy Wheat)

Provide a review, whether it's from another Borg member or a commercial beer that you really like, this is the place to share! Cheers!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

SomeGuyBrewing
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Solid - Gigantic Brewing (American Hoppy Wheat)

Post by SomeGuyBrewing »

This was a pretty great beer in my opinion. I really find myself enjoying the hoppy wheats the more I try them.
Sorry for the terrible pic, I was actually brewing while drinking this so I just took an impromptu pic.

Poured with a great head the lingered for quite a while. Excellent lacing throughout.
Aroma was awesome, tons of citrus, some tropical fruit, and a slight hint of pine (at least I thought I smelled pine lol)
Taste pretty closely follows aroma, the citrus dominates with some tropical fruit blended in and a little bit of pine towards the end. Mouthfeel was nice, not too thin. Tiny hop "bite", in a very good/pleasant way.

I would definitely recommend this beer if you see it on the shelves. I know I'll be grabbing more if I come across it.
I'm really loving this brewery.
Attachments
Solid.jpg
Solid.jpg (215.23 KiB) Viewed 438 times
“Good things happen to those who hustle.” - Chuck Noll
See what SomeGuy is brewing
Drinking:
Drago - FES
Fool's Gold Pale Ale
Maple Apple Cider
Wheats The Deal With Hops?
The Blonde One

Bottled/Kegged/Conditioning:

Fermenting:
Honey Crisp IPA

On Deck:
Golden Stout, Recipe inspired by Aztec Brewery

Competitions:
The Blonde One - Silver Medal - Thirsty Classic 2016

Never Forget
Amber Alert, Drunkin Pumpkin 2013, Tryin' To Get A Nut - Brown Ale, Wheat You Talkin' Bout Willis?, Good Twin, Blacker the Berry the Sweeter the Porter, New World...Altbier, Smoked Sour(ish), Oh YEAAH!!! - Orange Wheat, Evil Twin, Hanger 12 - OITNB, The Gose & The Darkness, First Harvest, Ghost Pumpkin, Grapefruit IPA, Murphy Brown Porter, Thanksgiving Blonde
Beer-lord

Re: Solid - Gigantic Brewing (American Hoppy Wheat)

Post by Beer-lord »

I've only had 1 beer by Gigantic (an IPA) and it was very good. I've been reading some good things about this brewery but maybe it's me but their labels seem to be cheap looking. I like the artwork but it always looks like a kid stuck them on to me.
OK, I am being picky and it makes absolutely no difference but that's my sick take on it.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Solid - Gigantic Brewing (American Hoppy Wheat)

Post by Kealia »

I like that style too so I'll keep an eye out as well. I've not tried their IPA but I've heard good things about it both here and elsewhere.

And I agree with Paul on the labels. It's actually what turned me off of trying their IPA the first time I saw it. I have no idea why....it's not like a label has anything to do with the beer inside, although I do enjoy labeling my own beers.